IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

Tfw Tucker Carlson drops truth bombs (caveat being the immigration crap thrown in the mix) on Fox News :wtf: :wtf:  :wtf:  :wtf:

Heartening to see the left and right meeting in the middle to expose the menace to democracy posed by the so called "intelligence" community.

400+ gallery here of someone photographically documenting Louisville Kentucky for a year. Mainly street crime, drug addiction, dereliction, some protest stuff.

'good' stuff

thanks for linking that. interesting. lot's of places dealing w/all the same problems. portland has a big homeless/drug/alcohol/transient problem like much of the west coast. interesting seeing it looking the same in those pics

Yeah a lot of comments saying this is pretty much America all over. Obviously I have idea how true that is. This looks fucking horrific.

Edited by hello spiral

If you're ever bored, google some of the bad neighborhoods in the US for crime, and then jump on google maps street view - it's exactly like those 400+ pictures, and you can find areas like that in probably every metro area in the states.

Detroit, Chicago, Louisville, New York are all fun.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

I recall cruising through the street view for London once and stumbling upon someone dismantling a bike that was chained up. Gave me a thrill.  The google street view is a remarkable thing that I almost never take advantage of, but I really should because the whole fucking world is mapped out right there.

If you're ever bored, google some of the bad neighborhoods in the US for crime, and then jump on google maps street view - it's exactly like those 400+ pictures, and you can find areas like that in probably every metro area in the states.

Detroit, Chicago, Louisville, New York are all fun.

addiction, homelessness, mental health problems.. the same all over.  

Couldn't be anything to do with the wealth gap. Nope. No sir. Nothing to do with the fact that we're implementing historically destructive economic policy.

Couldn't be anything to do with the wealth gap. Nope. No sir. Nothing to do with the fact that we're implementing historically destructive economic policy.

in the usa we've eroded safety nets and cut services while closing mental health hospitals and gutting education while fighting useless wars for my entire lifetime.  it's been a steady diet of shredding anything that helps people who need help

This article is a really interesting one. They make the argument that many of those practices you mentioned were because they were taught it was good economics by James Buchanan.

Meet the Economist Behind the one Percent's Stealth Takeover of America

Intriguing and frightening in the same regard.

Edited by Braintree

This article is a really interesting one. They make the argument that many of those practices you mentioned were because they were taught it was good economics by James Buchanan.

Meet the Economist Behind the one Percent's Stealth Takeover of America

Intriguing and frightening in the same regard.

welp.. that explains some of where this came from.  puts those ideas that seem pretty evident in a lot of behavior from big corporations and billionaires all up in people's faces. hopefully that article gets some traction and her book too. 

dark times. 

=P

I live 5 miles north of Louisville...

There are some really bad areas, as shown...

But I still love the area against the Ohio River. There's a few museums I really enjoy going to and a nice walking bridge and paths through old 'historic' areas that are really interesting.

And to be clear... I'm not saying some major changes don't need to happen...

But a lot of the scenery is what makes this area tolerable for me.

is this shit fo real??

yes. that idiot even made a statement about it and how he was "duped" and taken advantage of. 

https://politics.myajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/lawmaker-duped-sacha-baron-cohen-this-why-trump-won/t4MGGDybLya3zuId1miJqM/

“It is clear the makers of this film intended to deceive me in an attempt to undermine the American conservative political movement,” he said, adding he will take legal action if “any of this fraudulently obtained footage of me is used by these Hollywood liberals to line their own pockets.”

that is fucked up! i hope they burn this clown on a stake

he's a member of the georgia house. small potatoes nationally but hopefully he still catches hell on every front especially locally.  "they duped me" wtf.. he dropped his pants and yelled the N word w/very little prodding. also, his imitation of a chinese person was absurd wtf. 

also, his imitation of a chinese person was absurd wtf. 

that moment was so surreal it transcended humor

also, the small town with those conservatives that didn't want the mosque. baron cohen has to read /r/the_donald because he nailed every trump supporters nightmare perfectly