IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

This is your brain

6105DB2B-133E-4B09-B082-CE1810DCEDBA_zps

This is your brain on drugs

C71196A0-FF90-49E0-985A-12F6F3A2DB1E_zps

This is your brain on dogs

F3FE4282-FDEF-4833-9C26-17853D98948B_zps

This is your brain on lasagna, a fifth of whiskey, and a quart of Hagen Daz

3EAC5A70-6387-45EC-9263-17252EB842EB_zps

Any questions?

Baltimore TV Station Evacuated After Bomb Threat

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2016/04/28/baltimore-tv-station-evacuation-after-bomb-threat/

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/reports-man-walks-into-baltimore-tv-station-claiming-he-has-a-bomb/158036506

"...He talked to me and was wearing what appears to be a full body white panda suit, surgical mask and sunglasses. He had a flash drive, said he had information he wanted to get on the air..."

"The man was wearing a hedgehog onesie when he walked into the TV station."

Hedgehog or Panda hoodie? the situation is ongoing & just to chaotic to tell. a robot has been dispatched to bleeding boy now...

Edited by Kilgore Trout

pretty accurate from this over 40 year olds viewpoint. I accept your apology.

Even though she's clearly reading all of that off cue cards, that she probably didn't write herself?

Just a moderately aesthetic talking head reading off cue cards? lol

Edit: I'm being a dick, I know.

Edited by StephenG

pretty accurate from this over 40 year olds viewpoint. I accept your apology.

Even though she's clearly reading all of that off cue cards, that she probably didn't write herself?

Just a moderately aesthetic talking head reading off cue cards? lol

Edit: I'm being a dick, I know.

wtf - she looks like she's 35. Speaking as another over 40...

Anyways I know plenty of "millenials" who do great stuff. And part of the reason their future looks so fucking grim is the boomers' policies of kicking the social security can down the road. That and "trickle down" economics.

Her generalizations and lack of historical knowledge are hilarious though. As if her generation was the first to listen to songs degrading to women, or the first to use slang to describe people they care about/love.

other than the vitriol of "death to america" in the middle east i sometimes get the feeling that the British hate America more than any other country

Trump dressed as Napoleon, riding a bald eagle, holding Bin Laden's head. Doesn't get any better that that.

seriously though, that's all kinds of fucked up

Thats bloody bullox innit m8 the right cheek on yee, yah? bloody hell i havent got time in me shedule for such bullocks, yah?

*commits pisstake in the lift but then right legs it when the bobbys come, yah?

There is prolly much more resentment in parts of Latin America. I never really experienced any when I lived in the UK.

Edited by doublename

the anti gringo brigade was pretty vast at one point south of the US border..... where do you even begin with specific regimes etc?

Thats bloody bullox innit m8 the right cheek on yee, yah? bloody hell i havent got time in me shedule for such bullocks, yah?

*commits pisstake in the lift but then right legs it when the bobbys come, yah?

tbh that reads more like borderline caucasian Baltimore sounds than me olde cockney sparrow after a couple of sherberts

Yeah i mean i learned Britspeak from Mary Poppins, Spinal Tap and the Office.

I am kinda obsessed with some of the colloquialisms, though, like turning body parts into verbs (to "neck" a pint, for instance). I'm surrounded by Mainers and everyone talks like a Mainer with a Maine accent and it's kinda horrifying actually. I have a smidge of dialect-based classism where the thicker someone's Maine accent is, the less intelligent I think they are. There's something about the word "ayut" that chills me to bone.(Luckily I didn't develop a Maine accent.)

Anyway my point is I am supremely envious of how Brits talk.