IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

That's mostly true, yeah. But the population can be (and often is) manipulated to serve the ends of those in power. For example, anytime a US administration wants to go to war, there is a deluge of pro-war propaganda that targets these bugs and exploits. I remember the exact day that "operation shock and awe" was renamed "operation iraqi freedom"...nothing had actually changed, but the latter implied a "yes this is ugly, but it's in persuit of a higher good...what, you don't like freedom? Don't you support the troops? Are you un-American?" kinda thing.

I mean, the reason that corporations pay billions of dollars in advertising with pretty girls enjoying their product (or being attracted to a guy who is using their product) is because it works like a fucking charm. And it's not so much that people are stupid per se, it's more that we're running some old-ass software that's riddled with exploits.

^^^ classic. i love the guy that said (about mexicans getting to china) "they can swim across the rio grande, but i doubt they can swim across the pacific"

btw my aunt lives in costa mesa and my girlfriend's from newport beach. to properly represent the oc, this guy should've done the interview at a bar or with drunk people.

Joe always finds some weird individuals, that is why his videos are so nice. There are some very retarded people, just for example the gay supporter of Trump, or the black supporters around. It is ok if you are gay, but that guy was beyond stupid. My favourite is the hippie Santa at 11:30

Trump has a great relationship with "the blacks"

I don't care if Trump does love "black people", or some of them love him. Afroamericans aka "black people" (that been said without any racial connotation) should be against walls or any type of segregation because they suffered that in the past, so for those sole reasons they should not support the prick

Edited by Milwaukeeeee

Bah just read this and got a little bummed about humanity again:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-genes-of-left-and-right/?WT.mc_id=SA_MB_20160511

my hopes for humanity aside..the last 5 years has seen some fascinating findings on people's political leanings...common sense would tell us that people simply evaluate information (and perhaps new information would interact dynamically with our pre-existing values)..but nope lol.

You can predict someone's political leanings based on how easily they are disgusted by rotten food (for instance) and soon we'll be able to predict it based on looking at someone's genome.

If people's political leanings are somewhat based in genetics, does that cast doubt in you regarding your own liberal ideology? Should it?

(edit: just curious)

Edited by luke viia

Well there's a difference between "genetically pre-determined" and "genetically influenced" and this seems to be the latter. It's like how if your parents smoked you're much more likely to smoke (3x i think) but of course you're still free to not smoke just like everyone else: it's more of a 'nudge' then an inescapable fate.

but do i question the sound-ness of my political orientation? I dunno. From talking with my father i've grown to understand why he leans the way he does, and why i lean the way i do

(To be continued)

I mean, my values and ideals are what they are...knowing that they were influnced by my genes doesn't really change anything.

I dunno, what do you think, Luke?

I'm pretty much where you are with that. Tbh I don't put much stock in the idea that my beliefs are (significantly) affected by my genes, I feel that they're far more a product of my environment and exposure to certain ideas, as well as reactive to the current political climate

edit: and they seem to change over time (again wrt current political issues) so yeah...if any of it is genetically influenced, it seems pretty minor...I was just curious earlier if you were thinking of your own beliefs too when you posted that (I reread the post and you had already addressed my question, oops!)

Edited by luke viia

It's one of those end of the world fruitcakes.

For some people, the world would be a safer place if they were followed by government drones 24/7.

:S

Jamesons and semi-automatics?

This bloke very much walks alone

edit - i hope he washes his hands b4 tooling up post-lavatory visit too, shudder

Edited by cwmbrancity

Everyone should be proud of their country, but their country should stay within its own borders. The United States leads a very poor example of this and it's shameful.

Everyone should be proud of their country, but their country should stay within its own borders. The United States leads a very poor example of this and it's shameful.

Why? "your country" is an accident of birth. What a ridiculous thing to be proud of.