IGNORED

Training/running music

scumtron

Pls halp! I just had my second kid, and realise I have lost touch with the braindancing side of myself. I need suggestions for my playlist for the occational runs in the forest. Melodic and rythmic (not too many breaks and shifts). Not too slow, but not too hardcore either. Some of the tracks from my previous playlist that I like, but are now bored of are:

Lorn: Weigh me Down

Burial: Street Halo and Ghost Hardware

69: Funk You

Patrice Baumel:Sub

Ripperton: Echocity

Machinedrum: Clissold VIP

Blawan: What you do With what you have, and Lavender

Aphex Twin: Papat4

Darkstar: Aidys girl

Mux Mool: Enceladus

Lindstrøm: Vossakorv

Kavinsky: Blissard

Clark: Winter Linn

Modeselektor: Danciong Box

Luomo: Love you all, and Class

You could be really scientific about it and monitor your heart rate as you listen to music and pick the ones that pump you up the most.... then write a paper over it for your peers to criticize, etc. Find your way into academia from there make an average salary doing 12 hours of work a day on what you love. Just run in the mornings then.

Haha. I already did a phd in medicine (no kidding), but my research was about something completely different. Thanks for the tips guys. I want more. Chemical Brothers have a lot of candidates. I think I'll start next exericse with Block Rocking Beats.

But there has to be more good stuff from, let's say 2014?

i used to jog to The Field - which was ideal cos anything harder or faster would get me all puffed out, plus it's got that constant repetitive structure which sort of takes helps you zone out a bit.

This sort of stuff works for me too:

Guest Bourbon Surf

I set about making a running mix a few years back - found that about 150/160 bpm worked best - never came to fruition though. I usually went for short quick runs. Here were a few that i enjoy running to

As cliched as it sounds, deep tribal house mixes from guys like Steve Lawler as well as In Search of Sunrise series or Parade of Athletes from Tiesto. (yeah i know i know), but this stuff just reaches me when im doing cardio or jogging in a way nothing else can...

oh that and Polygon Window - Quoth on repeat for an hour :D

I like to run to drill'n'bass: Squarepusher, early Ovuca, Bogdan Raczynski, Luke Vibert, etc..

Also used to listen to a lot of Nuearz while running

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBiv4Zemos8

IDK, I like complex but energetic music while running for some reason. Straight up techno and electro are okay also, but don't provide the same rush.

As cliched as it sounds, deep tribal house mixes from guys like Steve Lawler as well as In Search of Sunrise series or Parade of Athletes from Tiesto. (yeah i know i know), but this stuff just reaches me when im doing cardio or jogging in a way nothing else can...

This goes well with your avatar.

This goes well with your avatar.

:D haha touche

I listen to alot of Clark and Machinedrum when I work out. Some more upbeat Four Tet mixes as well.

Good starts. There's a couple of Machinedrum mixes that I wore out when I was exercising often a few months ago. Also, NHK'Koyxen has a couple of really good mixes for such things.

I tend to go with mixes most often. A good start is this series of Rob Hall mixes that usagi had posted up a while back: http://percussionlab.com/users/usagi

Archived