IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

1 minute ago, Squee said:

Lydia was just as bad as The Juice.

No question. She is such a key character, though, and one of the things I really like about The Sopranos, how the social structure of the mafia is essentially matriarchal, despite all the male violence. Like when someone from Tony's crew really has contempt for another person from another crew, they call them a 'motherless fuck' 😂 Also that moment when Paulie hallucinates seeing the Virgin Mary at the Bing.

“(When composing ‘In Memory of Elizabeth Reed’) I was thinking of Benny Goodman. I was thinking of how he used melody and then I got all these Western swing influences from my buddy Dave Liles, who passed away about four years ago. But the thing came about, see, I was dating, I was slipping around, back-dooring Boz Scaggs’ girlfriend, live-in girlfriend, they weren’t married, but (laughs). She was a beautiful Italian girl. I wrote this song and I wanted to call it ‘Carmella’ but couldn’t. So the place we would meet, in this old 1800s graveyard, Rose Hill, there was this old tombstone that said on it ‘In Memory of Elizabeth Reed.’

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2024/04/18/dickey-betts-interview-writing-ramblin-man-allman-brothers-hit-songs/73373833007/

RIP Dicky Betts, one of the main guys in The Allman Brothers Band

• 3 weeks later...

fucking heart attack.  i knew an engineer in san diego.. young guy.. 40s. young kid, recently married.. dropped dead same way. life style of recording engineer is not kind a lot of the time. 

https://www.spin.com/2024/05/steve-albini-legendary-producer-and-musician-dies-at-61/

• Sad 3

50 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Steve Albini dead at 61, what a giant of underground music. RIP 😢 

IMG_8267.jpeg

RIP

I can’t say the music Albini worked on is of much interest to me personally but I have read and listened to many interviews and talks he did and learned a lot from him. His views on recording technology, musical labor, the industry, the roles of producer and artists, etc., have always struck me as being very intelligent, true, and ethical. Also helps he was a bit of a bad bitch to boot. 

Mad respect for this guy. Not many people out there like him. 

• Like 10