IGNORED

RSD Exclusives [2016]

Ok, save your anti RSD diatribes, this is just to inform watmm of what is upcoming, no one says you have to stand in line or shop at hipster stores, although some of them could really use your business. Shop accordingly, and give that vinyl a good home, lol.

Lush - Origami 5 LP Box Set

John Frusciante - Foregrow [12'' EP] (limited to 1000, indie-retail exclusive)

David Bowie - I Dig Everything: The Pye Years 1966 [LP] (Exclusive 50th Anniversary Release)

Chvrches - Remix [12" EP] (4 tracks, indie-retail exclusive)

Frank Zappa - "My Guitar" / "Dog Breath" [7"] (Colored Vinyl, remastered 1969 mono recordings, numbered)

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - "March Of The Resistance b/w Rey's Theme" (Soundtrack) [10"] (Picture Disc, limited, indie-retail exclusive)

Locust - Morning Light [2LP] (gatefold, bonus tracks, first time on vinyl, indie-retail exclusive)

Various Artists - Der Zeltweg: Italian Tapes Industrial Music 1982-1984 Volume 2 [LP] (160 Gram, limited to 500, indie-retail exclusive)

Ennio Morricone - Paura (limited to 499)

Various Artists - Get Me Home For Tea: Rare Psychedelic Rock From The U.K. [LP] (limited to 2000 copies on red, white and blue swirl vinyl)

Since RSD exists I always went digging right before or right after RSD itself which is a great tradition which I hope to keep up. We only tried once to go on the day itself. Let's just say it's not for me, not even beginning the entire diatribe of why RSD should fuck off in the first place.

Anyway, I've checked the full leaked list and there's still absolutely nothing in there that I'd like to put effort in to get, so I'll just go in the days before or after RSD again :)

Full (rumoured) list here btw: http://modern-vinyl.com/2016/02/03/rsd-2016-preliminary-releases-reportedly-leak/

Ace, I would actually be interested in that.

Also, personal bugbear: why do these sites and even this thread assume everyone else knows what date it is. I'm looking around in that half interested way you do on a website and it's not immediately forthcoming. It should be in bloody big bold letters at the top or something.

lol yeah eurgh. Last year I queued for about an hour to grab the red blue vinyl 2370894 by Snares.

Those Snares reissues are littering the electronica section of every LP rack of every record shop in London now.

Edit: aaand I got the colour wrong because I've not even opened the fucking thing yet.

Guest bitroast

Since RSD exists I always went digging right before or right after RSD itself which is a great tradition which I hope to keep up. We only tried once to go on the day itself. Let's just say it's not for me, not even beginning the entire diatribe of why RSD should fuck off in the first place.

Anyway, I've checked the full leaked list and there's still absolutely nothing in there that I'd like to put effort in to get, so I'll just go in the days before or after RSD again :)

Full (rumoured) list here btw: http://modern-vinyl.com/2016/02/03/rsd-2016-preliminary-releases-reportedly-leak/

yeppp.

few RSD releases i went to effort of getting include The Flaming Lips - 7 Skies H3 LP and the OPN commissions EPs (but even the OPN EPs seemed to have been treated as a limited but general release EP with copies being sold online... so i dunno).

Guest bitroast

oh man. dont even reminds me about the vsnares rsd releases.

they were way too limited for what they worth. didnt bother with any of those on account of no access + crazy discogs sharking.

:catcry:

I'll go down to Brick Lane on RSD just bc I'm on holiday, but yeah nothing worth waiting for @ Rough Trade this year. I do hope I can find a copy of the new Lush EP on vinyl.

Edit: no one wants a Justin Beiber picture disc?? You could use it as a dart board, or a piss target in the toilet. But then again you'd be putting money in his dickless little pockets huh

I'll go down to Brick Lane on RSD just bc I'm on holiday, but yeah nothing worth waiting for @ Rough Trade this year. I do hope I can find a copy of the new Lush EP on vinyl.

Edit: no one wants a Justin Beiber picture disc?? You could use it as a dart board, or a piss target in the toilet. But then again you'd be putting money in his dickless little pockets huh

i like justin bieber

https://youtu.be/gmMteI6qvTc

808 State - Pacific 12"

Air - Casanova 70 Remixes 12"

Blanck Mass - The Great Confuso EP 12"

Breakbot - Get Lost Remixes 12"

Carlton Melton - Aground

Cassius - Action

Cavern of Anti-Matter - Void Versions

Chase & Status - London Bars

Clint Mansell - Requiem for a Dream 2xLP

David Bowie - Man Who Sold the World (Pic Disc)

David Bowie - TVC15 7" (Pic Disc)

Doctor Who - Genesis of the Daleks (Blue Vinyl)

Dusky - Buckets & Spades Remix

Field Music - S/T

Flaming Lips - Lightning Strikes CD

FSOL - Accelerator LP + 7"

Jean Michel Jarre - Exit 7"

John Fruiscante - Foregrow EP

Killing Joke - Pylon

Mark Pritchard/Bibio/Clark - A Badman Sound/Heath Town/Inf Inf Inf Inf

Nurse With Wound/Band of Pain - Noinge

Psychic TV - The Ballad of Genesis & Lady Jaye

Psychic TV - Fishscales Falling Mixtape Vol. 1

Orb - Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld 4xLP

Nosferatu OST 7"

Outkast - Elevators 10"

Primal Scream - Mantras for a State of Mind

Public Service Broadcasting - The Other Side

Reverend Horton Heat - Hardscrabble Woman

Run the Jewels - VRTJ Viewer (Google Cardboard Viewer)

Skrillex & Diplo - Where Are U Now

Really hope we will see Commission vol III from OPN this year :emb:

That would be nice, my only reason for going. Glad I picked up the vsnares' last year but nothing wildly "exclusive" or interesting so far. Though I have a friend I know is likely to queue up at Piccadilly Records, tempted to go just to soak up the vibes. If Eastern Bloc is back up and running fully in time I might pop along there during the day at the very least.

Damnit, had no interest in the list so far but now ...

808 State - Pacific 12"

Air - Casanova 70 Remixes 12"

FSOL - Accelerator LP + 7"

Mark Pritchard/Bibio/Clark - A Badman Sound/Heath Town/Inf Inf Inf Inf

Orb - Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld 4xLP

WANT WANT WANT !!!

Seems like the RSD hype is dying a bit, isn't it... Or maybe my taste just doesn't suit this year's list, but in all previous years there's been a good bunch of stuff I wouldn't mind buying. This year though it all seems to be throwaways, remixes... which it has always been but not to this extent

'Morning Light' by Locust on vinyl is probably the one thing on the list that piqued my interest. It's 18 tracks too, including some of the more obscure bonus tracks, which is nice.

I might actually make an effort to visit a store or two for RSD this year, as much as I hate the way the whole day has become tainted.

Archived