IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

love the emotional eruption in latentcall at around 6 minutes too.

That's what I'm listening to right now for the first time. Definitely one of the tracks I enjoy the most.

Guest WNS000

I simply analytically enjoy music. There is a content and I want to hear it all if possible (not possible I know). What is wrong with that if the content matters? I am not satisfied hearing macro only. I am satisfied hearing micro and connecting it to macro. That was always the main reason why I enjoyed AE and some Drukqs material so much. Those incredibly detailed compositions with all those mutually interconnected elements creating amazing compositions - therefore creating amazing music, creating a final context. Every single piece of the music matters. If I can hear "mistakes" or stuff I don't like, they are still there and I hear them and that eventually influences my final emotion from the music. I think, guys, you misunderstand what analytical listening means in my context. I have a very good music memory (unfortunately) and once I find out about something I dislike it is there to stay. If there are elements that I can hear, those elements has to be good. Simple as that. What is wrong with it? Are you all listening to the music only on your way to work when sitting in a bus? I am not.

perhaps I expressed myself badly. I for one, have an analytical approach. Analytical point of obsession. And I did not say to deliberately listen without analytical approach. I said that, in the specific case of Elseqo, the music caught me suddenly when, after several hours of listening, I got distracted. it is as if I had been struck by a vision of the whole, that, when I was attentive to detail, I could not have. Now, I can go back to analytic listening, and it is easier, because, after I left to go to the sound stream, I feel more familiar with it. I repeat: it's not a deliberate intent, it just happened. It could happen to you too, who can say.

Oh, I see! I absolutely understand then. I have these moments too. Sometimes you have to take a step back in order to see the whole picture, right? Then, when you know the general context, you can start digging deeper. Yeah, absolutely. It is a natural process. You start macro and continue micro.

I guess I too have problems to express what I really mean. I am definitely not listening to individual hihat's hits when checking songs for the first time. lol

In the case of elseq, then, consists of long passages and, in principle, without sudden changes of time, it was useful to grasp the whole direction of each track. Sure, at first listen you don't pay attention to a single item, but we can be very focused on the composition, and I, influenced by AE_LIVE, I was perched in the preconception of waiting for a progression or a metamorphosis: my analytical approach consisted mainly in this . The vision of the whole, however, suggested to me that Elseq was conceived according to different criteria, perhaps more instinctive, but extremely overwhelming if you can lower the "rational resistance", at least in the first instance. This does not mean that there areen't entire planets to be discovered in the Elseq Universe (hey! We are talking about Autechre in 2016!), For example, I am discovering the absurd progression of "pendulum hv moda" ... the progression is dedicated only to melodic aspects, so at first I did not recognize it: the rhythmic cadence remains unchanged, and this is misleading. But in "pendulu hv moda" the impossible happens. From 02:49 onwards there is an eruption of emotions without respite. None shall escape :ohmy:

I feel you, mate. There is this track number 12 by SND on "makesnd casette" and there is, to my ear, almost absolutely no noticeable progression in it. Yet I find that track to be really captivating for the whole runtime of almost 5 minutes. Something about the tones and sounds is so captivating and stimulating. Might be a similar, gut-based, thing you seem to describe with elseq.

I feel you, mate. There is this track number 12 by SND on "makesnd casette" and there is, to my ear, almost absolutely no noticeable progression in it. Yet I find that track to be really captivating for the whole runtime of almost 5 minutes. Something about the tones and sounds is so captivating and stimulating. Might be a similar, gut-based, thing you seem to describe with elseq.

Yeah I had that with feed1 at first. It sounded really great but I didn't have the micro figured out. Took a few listens to get a clearer mental structure of it

Guest WNS000

hey JEV they are absolutely ripping into you on 4chan lol

just happened to notice. (didn't instigate this)

13237816_2035865716638787_15385329320336

I guess I am lucky I don't really understand their slang, right?

Yeah I had that with feed1 at first. It sounded really great but I didn't have the micro figured out. Took a few listens to get a clearer mental structure of it

Yeah, still not feeling feed1. Stops being interesting to me after a while.

I simply analytically enjoy music. There is a content and I want to hear it all if possible (not possible I know). What is wrong with that if the content matters? I am not satisfied hearing macro only. I am satisfied hearing micro and connecting it to macro. That was always the main reason why I enjoyed AE and some Drukqs material so much. Those incredibly detailed compositions with all those mutually interconnected elements creating amazing compositions - therefore creating amazing music, creating a final context. Every single piece of the music matters. If I can hear "mistakes" or stuff I don't like, they are still there and I hear them and that eventually influences my final emotion from the music. I think, guys, you misunderstand what analytical listening means in my context. I have a very good music memory (unfortunately) and once I find out about something I dislike it is there to stay. If there are elements that I can hear, those elements has to be good. Simple as that. What is wrong with it? Are you all listening to the music only on your way to work when sitting in a bus? I am not.

perhaps I expressed myself badly. I for one, have an analytical approach. Analytical point of obsession. And I did not say to deliberately listen without analytical approach. I said that, in the specific case of Elseqo, the music caught me suddenly when, after several hours of listening, I got distracted. it is as if I had been struck by a vision of the whole, that, when I was attentive to detail, I could not have. Now, I can go back to analytic listening, and it is easier, because, after I left to go to the sound stream, I feel more familiar with it. I repeat: it's not a deliberate intent, it just happened. It could happen to you too, who can say.

Oh, I see! I absolutely understand then. I have these moments too. Sometimes you have to take a step back in order to see the whole picture, right? Then, when you know the general context, you can start digging deeper. Yeah, absolutely. It is a natural process. You start macro and continue micro.

I guess I too have problems to express what I really mean. I am definitely not listening to individual hihat's hits when checking songs for the first time. lol

In the case of elseq, then, consists of long passages and, in principle, without sudden changes of time, it was useful to grasp the whole direction of each track. Sure, at first listen you don't pay attention to a single item, but we can be very focused on the composition, and I, influenced by AE_LIVE, I was perched in the preconception of waiting for a progression or a metamorphosis: my analytical approach consisted mainly in this . The vision of the whole, however, suggested to me that Elseq was conceived according to different criteria, perhaps more instinctive, but extremely overwhelming if you can lower the "rational resistance", at least in the first instance. This does not mean that there areen't entire planets to be discovered in the Elseq Universe (hey! We are talking about Autechre in 2016!), For example, I am discovering the absurd progression of "pendulum hv moda" ... the progression is dedicated only to melodic aspects, so at first I did not recognize it: the rhythmic cadence remains unchanged, and this is misleading. But in "pendulu hv moda" the impossible happens. From 02:49 onwards there is an eruption of emotions without respite. None shall escape :ohmy:

So good! When I'm done with elseq (2021 ?), i'll dive in "makesnd houses"!

Guest WNS000

So good! When I'm done with elseq (2021 ?), i'll dive in "makesnd houses"!

Yeah, that track is really magical. Dunno why. The rest of the LP isn't really doing much for me (there are still some great moments) but I will always remember the track.

Well basically at 5 minutes and after there are these 'laser pulse' things, along with a noisy snare thing that come in rhytmically and it's great (although the sounds are 'fluid', they morph into each other and into various forms so, not a clear distinction). It's all there throughout the track but becomes more prominent later on. Plus the ending is just awesome. Edit this sounds like im explaining whats in the track sorry, i just mean, this is what i hear and love about it;

Edited by coax

Guest WNS000

Well basically at 5 minutes and after there are these 'laser pulse' things, along with a noisy snare thing that come in rhytmically and it's great (although the sounds are 'fluid', they morph into each other and into various forms so, not a clear distinction). It's all there throughout the track but becomes more prominent later on. Plus the ending is just awesome

Well I have heard properly only the radio rip version and I have definitely noticed a huge difference in mix quality when listening to the preview version so there might be elements that I have completely missed due to the bad quality and limiting.

Yeah, I mean if there is one long track I dislike it will still be worth buying. It is a very rare occasion for AE to left me disappointed.

I can't believe you still haven't bought this? You're obviously REALLY into music and take it very seriously, and it sounds like ae is one of your favorites... I just don't understand how you can hold back. If you like Exai and the AE_LIVE stuff then you'll love elseq. Maybe we should all pitch in and buy a copy for Jev!

Yeah, I mean if there is one long track I dislike it will still be worth buying. It is a very rare occasion for AE to left me disappointed.

I can't believe you still haven't bought this? You're obviously REALLY into music and take it very seriously, and it sounds like ae is one of your favorites... I just don't understand how you can hold back. If you like Exai and the AE_LIVE stuff then you'll love elseq. Maybe we should all pitch in and buy a copy for Jev!

Guest WNS000

hey JEV they are absolutely ripping into you on 4chan lol

just happened to notice. (didn't instigate this)

13237816_2035865716638787_15385329320336

link? /aeg/ seems to be dead and I can't find another.

http://boards.4chan.org/mu/thread/65010086/aegeneral

They really seem to believe I have a list of people that I trust in music opinions? lol

Texts are really vulnerable to misunderstandings...

Guest WNS000

lol, mate. I guess I will eventually get it because AE are almost always really worth it. I am just not sure if I want all the parts or just some. There are some tracks on Exai I don't really care about too you know.

Also, I know it was a joke but do not buy me anything. Especially if you have student loans. lol

Meanwhile, this release is absolutely astonishing and is maybe the best Autechre I've heard in years, but the absolute #1 poster in this thread (so far already 66 posts, second best poster barely has 50% of that) didn't buy this nor likes it nor actually listened to this. Fucking hell. Consider taking a break from this thread, Jev.

you will definitely find mp3s of soulseek, maybe something has already been loaded. You hear it all and decide what to buy: this is the Extreme Terror Ae, believe us

Extreme Ae Terror, sorry

Guest WNS000

Fuck of Herr Jan, learn to read and piss of with your cyber-bullying attitude.

I have never ever written that I don't like the new release. I have stated numerous times that I am not rating it yet as I have not heard it (obviously). I have only said I didn't really felt feed1 whereas I have also said that I enjoyed c16. I have also had enriching exchanges of opinions with fellow AE fans.

Now you at least finally have a reason to ban me cause you couldn't ban me just for my passionate interest in AE's music. Was everything I have written in this thread a senseless bullshit, off-topic spam? I am so tired of this shit. FUCK YOU. You can now ban me, you prick.

Edited by Obel