IGNORED

Shobaleader One - 'Elektrac' new album - Listen to 'Journey to Reedham'

amad

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ that's pretty amateurish tbh. And the sound quality is terrible, so it's hard to know exactly how bad it really is.

Megazine is probably the worst track on the album though, but the rest are great. Been listening to it loads now, getting better each time,

split across 2xBlu-ray discs for no reason.

:emotawesomepm9: :emotawesomepm9: :emotawesomepm9:

Also re : Megazine yeah, I was expecting so much more from that track...It's almost as cringy as the "false ending + reprise" on Delta-V :cisfor:

EDIT : I'm not hating on the album by the way, I even find it really great but those two things I just don't understand !

Guest bitroast

so good ! the album's growing on me as well. still find deep fried pizza > megazine to be a bit of a low point (why megazine why not into the blue or plug me in or cryptic motion or one of the good tracks .. ahhh whatever) but still really digging the album. squarepusher theme for example is a track i've always loved but hearing the live version with the cranked up bass is making me appreciate the bass riffs on that track in a completely different way (i dare say, i almost never noticed the original track had bass in it??). 

Shobaleader were fucking incredible when I saw them at BF but I have no desire to buy the album at all. This music works perfectly in a live context, it's just so manic and energetic, I'll definitely see them live again at some point for sure and can happily recommend them.

so good ! the album's growing on me as well. still find deep fried pizza > megazine to be a bit of a low point (why megazine why not into the blue or plug me in or cryptic motion or one of the good tracks .. ahhh whatever) but still really digging the album. squarepusher theme for example is a track i've always loved but hearing the live version with the cranked up bass is making me appreciate the bass riffs on that track in a completely different way (i dare say, i almost never noticed the original track had bass in it??). 

when seeing them in Berlin i had the feeling that Megazine was used so the drummer could take a little break...

also: In the beginning of Anstromm Feck, is the keyboard playing the reversed drum samples or am I missing some cool new effect for drummers?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived