IGNORED

The Big Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS ABOUND*

Joyrex

Solo's reported to have lost 50-80 million at the box office (although I am sure they'll make up for it on digital/Blu-Ray/DVD sales). I still like the movie; thought it was great.

Getting to a break even point for a Star Wars movie is still a huge flop. Star Wars movies are expected to earn ~$700M at least at the box office alone.

Having a movie that was mired in production troubles and studio interference hold up other SW movies is perhaps a bit reaching it. How about Disney allow the filmmakers and writers they hire for big money to do their thing instead of interfering with it. Of course no guarantee that it will produce a hit, but I bet it will be less bland.

Disney needs to slow this machine down, I really don't need or want any more Star Wars stuff in the next couple of years, and I'm a stupid fanboy.

Edited by Gocab

• 1 month later...

It "looks" great to me. Except for the part where the story itself is written towards 12 year olds. Don't blame Disney though. Cartoons in general tend to be made for that specific age group. Disney don't do anime with super interesting plots and all that. Although anime is no guarantee for that either. But that's a different discussion. Irony for me, is that the storytelling in and of itself doesn't appear to be different to the movies either.

Or in other words: my lesson here is to stay out of this thread ;)

lol

I'm guessing you didn't see this though:

Is it anime if it only attempts to be anime? I did like that it hardly had any dialogues though. Star Wars with dialogues always tends to take itself way too serious, imo. Without dialogues it becomes less ..euh.. annoying.

Disney should do a silent Star Wars flick! Kind of like Fantasia, but in a Star Wars setting. :)

• 1 month later...

At one point Woody says how some dynamite will blow them to Hell which struck me as odd. Is Hell and Heaven a place in Star Wars? Also at some point had Lando fucked that robot?

At one point Woody says how some dynamite will blow them to Hell which struck me as odd. Is Hell and Heaven a place in Star Wars?

I bet Wookiepedia has some things to say about that...

Chaos, referred to as Hell in Corellian mythology and also known as The Void,[1] was a reputedly dark[2] region of the Netherworld of the Force inhabited by the spirits of deceased Dark Lords of the Sith,[3][4]Dark Jedi, and the spirits of all evil sentient beings who had died.[source?] In Naboo mythology, Chaos was envisioned as a dark pit kept closed by six impenetrable gates.[5][6]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos

Good god...

We really should have a general 'Star Wars' thread considering how many spin-offs, movies, etc. are coming...

The live-action Star Wars show helmed by Jon Favreau is titled "The Mandalorian" and does not deal with Jango/Boba Fett.

Takes place after Jedi but before Awakens, and focuses on a "lone gunslinger" far from the reach of the New Republic.

Reportedly 8 episodes in a season. Will air exclusively on Disney's streaming service set to launch in late 2019.

I think Disney hasn't learned their lesson after Solo coming out so soon after Last Jedi.

At one point Woody says how some dynamite will blow them to Hell which struck me as odd. Is Hell and Heaven a place in Star Wars?

Chaos, referred to as Hell in Corellian mythology and also known as The Void,[1] was a reputedly dark[2] region of the Netherworld of the Force inhabited by the spirits of deceased Dark Lords of the Sith,[3][4]Dark Jedi, and the spirits of all evil sentient beings who had died.[source?] In Naboo mythology, Chaos was envisioned as a dark pit kept closed by six impenetrable gates.[5][6]

Good god...

Wow, I am being shown a crack in a door that I do not wish to open.

but thank you squee.

Chaos, referred to as Hell in Corellian mythology and also known as The Void,%5B1%5D was a reputedly dark%5B2%5D region of the Netherworld of the Force inhabited by the spirits of deceased Dark Lords of the Sith,%5B3%5D%5B4%5DDark Jedi, and the spirits of all evil sentient beings who had died.[source?] In Naboo mythology, Chaos was envisioned as a dark pit kept closed by six impenetrable gates.%5B5%5D%5B6%5D

Good god...

but thank you squee.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Duck/Legends

"If we can't get the shield generator fixed, we'll be sitting ducks."

―Captain Quarsh Panaka

Ducks were a species of non-sentient birds that evolved on Naboo,%5B2%5D a planet in the Mid Rim.%5B3%5D They had broad and elongated bodies, with a relatively long neck and a broad bill. They also had two legs set far back on the body and a pair of short, pointed wings.%5B1%5D At least one race of ducks had brown-speckled plumage.%5B2%5D They could be seen swimming on the Solleu River, a river that ran through Theed, the capital city of Naboo.%5B4%5D Their planet was also home to other waterfowl species, the quadducks and the pelikki.

Chaos, referred to as Hell in Corellian mythology and also known as The Void,%5B1%5D was a reputedly dark%5B2%5D region of the Netherworld of the Force inhabited by the spirits of deceased Dark Lords of the Sith,%5B3%5D%5B4%5DDark Jedi, and the spirits of all evil sentient beings who had died.[source?] In Naboo mythology, Chaos was envisioned as a dark pit kept closed by six impenetrable gates.%5B5%5D%5B6%5D

Good god...

but thank you squee.

―Captain Quarsh Panaka

Ducks were a species of non-sentient birds that evolved on Naboo,%5B2%5D a planet in the Mid Rim.%5B3%5D They had broad and elongated bodies, with a relatively long neck and a broad bill. They also had two legs set far back on the body and a pair of short, pointed wings.%5B1%5D At least one race of ducks had brown-speckled plumage.%5B2%5D They could be seen swimming on the Solleu River, a river that ran through Theed, the capital city of Naboo.%5B4%5D Their planet was also home to other waterfowl species, the quadducks and the pelikki.

In the UK there is a chain of pubs called Wetherspoons, famed for selling cheap pints and frequented by the elderly and those "between jobs". Each pub has a carpet unique to it that is supposed to reflect the area and have a bit of its history woven into its design. A man wrote a book about the carpet in each of these pubs which my mum stumbled upon in a shop, and she was so infuriated that with all the troubles in the world this was what someone chose to expend their energy on that she almost wrote the author a strongly-worded letter. I imagine I feel a bit like her after reading that paragraph.

In the UK there is a chain of pubs called Wetherspoons, famed for selling cheap pints and frequented by the elderly and those "between jobs". Each pub has a carpet unique to it that is supposed to reflect the area and have a bit of its history woven into its design. A man wrote a book about the carpet in each of these pubs which my mum stumbled upon in a shop, and she was so infuriated that with all the troubles in the world this was what someone chose to expend their energy on that she almost wrote the author a strongly-worded letter. I imagine I feel a bit like her after reading that paragraph.

Need some BCM selfies with said carpet asap.

pretty sweet 

tumblr_oml90vu1Ae1ubueh4o1_1280.jpg

Edited by olo

Good god...

but thank you squee.

―Captain Quarsh Panaka

Ducks were a species of non-sentient birds that evolved on Naboo,%5B2%5D a planet in the Mid Rim.%5B3%5D They had broad and elongated bodies, with a relatively long neck and a broad bill. They also had two legs set far back on the body and a pair of short, pointed wings.%5B1%5D At least one race of ducks had brown-speckled plumage.%5B2%5D They could be seen swimming on the Solleu River, a river that ran through Theed, the capital city of Naboo.%5B4%5D Their planet was also home to other waterfowl species, the quadducks and the pelikki.

Hahahaha!