IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

What the hell was he doing in Seattle in the first place?

I found this

"Alex Jones walks the streets of Seattle to demonstrate the great tolerance of the left"

CNN has started running several pieces on Antifa and interviewing them, but they don't come off well on TV IMO. All black outfits, masks, they seem inspired by Anonymous, but I could see it giving the right wing Alex Jones type listeners reasons to fuel their "alt left" conspiracies, and fan fears that some kind of liberal West Coast LGBT Illuminati is trying to take over "their America". There was some kind of confrontation today at a rally, and I can see Trump seizing on this kind of thing to say "see? I told you there were bad people on the left!"

Other way around, Antifa has been around since the 1930s give or take. Back in the first Bush term when I used to go to protests they'd always be around (well, Black Bloc folks in general, and there's a huge overlap there) but people didn't take them that seriously back then, they were in the same league as militant straightedge and had a lot of overlap with F.S.U. around here.  I've still got pretty mixed feelings about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lnud-xVnqk

2:16-4:13

Is THE RESISTANCE™ too dense to understand that real people don't act like this? 

Everyone knows real people don't act like Alex Jones, he's playing a character. The coffee was a nice gesture, I thought. 

tbh, the coffee was pretty f-ing stupid. just like the antifa protesters using violence, this stuff kind of validates Alex/the racist deplorables. not only does it acknowledge them, but it also fuels them to radicalise even more, instead of less. from their point of view it basically validates their idea that "the sheeples don't understand/are wrong". this kind of (aggressive/emotional) resistance actually enables the shit you want to resist. it creates a negative spiral.

also similar to the way the "leftist media" actually enables trump with their stream of outrage, btw.

it's an unfortunate irony: the more you (appear to) outrage, the more you enable them. like being afraid of Freddy Krueger in nightmare on elmstreet... so many important life lessons in that one ;-p

or it's like going to some transformers movie, even though you hate that franchise shit. getting tickets, makes it bigger. 

sidenote: not sure whether alex jones believes his own nonsense or is just a smart business man with a cynical business model. might be both.

ignore me though. guess i'm a little annoyed by all the outrage coming out of the US, currently. it only makes it worse. but, i shouldn't judge. i'm only some eu-fag without some populist government.

good luck and keep strong there in the US.

it looks to me like the 2 people that were bothering him in the first 4 minutes, were setup/it was staged.

That guy was pretty casual about assaulting a "celebrity" with cameras on him. 

hope you're right. though i'm afraid fakeness has become irrelevant at this point. 

thinking to skip social media for a while. i'm basically becoming part of it by looking at it.

I do agree about non-violence being the best way forward at this juncture. The women's march was so successful not just because of the huge numbers but how few incidents there were despite them. When I was at Boston Common on saturday, I thought the police were all being pretty reasonable and never got any kind of authoritarian vibe from them. A lot of them even have a sense of humor, joking around with protesters and stuff. But some people will get protest blueballs if they don't have footage of them pouring milk on their face to post on instagram or something. 

women's march is a good example indeed! also showed a good sense of humour with those pussy ears (grab m by the pussy!). humour can be a very powerful kind of resistance, actually.

on a loose tangent: this clip about the attention economy is slightly related (but not really)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lnud-xVnqk

2:16-4:13

Is THE RESISTANCE™ too dense to understand that real people don't act like this? 

Everyone knows real people don't act like Alex Jones, he's playing a character. The coffee was a nice gesture, I thought. 

Yeah, Alex Jones is aggressively approaching people on the street (in another clip from the same day he runs after someone for half a block yelling at them to try to provoke them into responding), and the coffee is obviously not hot judging from Jones' reaction.

My only criticism here is that by responding at all, this guy was just giving Jones what he wanted.

it looks to me like the 2 people that were bothering him in the first 4 minutes, were setup/it was staged.

That guy was pretty casual about assaulting a "celebrity" with cameras on him. 

I agree. It looks fairly fake. Except for his running. That's as real as it gets. I've never seen a short and fat man move his legs so fast and move so fast considering how short each step he takes is.

hope you're right. though i'm afraid fakeness has become irrelevant at this point.

thinking to skip social media for a while. i'm basically becoming part of it by looking at it.

I feel the same, though this just appeared on my google feed, relevant? https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&source=web&q=&url=https://johnpavlovitz.com/2017/08/21/the-privilege-of-neutrality/&usg=AFQjCNGwf4IjuSTxdJZ7VPQo4584oOYJ2g