IGNORED

Brainwaltzera - Outdives EP [AF007]

user303

When did he actually use his name? I missed that.

I believe it was User303 in either the soundcloud thread or another promotional one, was either his words he quoted promo material that was speculating that it's mikeP.

don't care enough to find it, but it was a pretty obvious attempt to market it as MikeP (or other big name artists, IIRC)

edit: also there was a lot of speculation by plenty of users in the soundcloud thread. Always "ITS MIKE P, NO ITS AFX", etc etc.

lol guilty

sorry for being a truther mike p

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just gets a little old, especially when most of the music given that speculation is of far lesser quality than the artists they're claimed/speculated to be by.

I'm not going to shit on anyone for liking it. But claiming or speculating (with the explicit purpose of playing off someone else's reputation to produce sales) it's one of these other artists is... well it's a dick move and it really shitties up the sound of the music to my ears.

If it was like a forum member, humbly promoting their own tunes, the music would sound better.

Wonder how many of you would give a fuck if it was something sitting on archive.org with no pseudo-connection to Your God

I've though of that too. It's definitely what sparked my interest at first but not why I/m still interested. Plus there is an indirect connection, 'cause Our God did actually big up some of the songs on Soundcloud so that reaffirmed my interest.

Wonder how many of you would give a fuck if it was something sitting on archive.org with no pseudo-connection to Your God

I've though of that too. It's definitely what sparked my interest at first but not why I/m still interested. Plus there is an indirect connection, 'cause Our God did actually big up some of the songs on Soundcloud so that reaffirmed my interest.

137593505136.jpg

I only listen to things that sound like ginger techno jesus, everything else is fucking pleb drivel.

This release is pretty good. Honestly, the writing itself is okay, but the mixing and mastering of this is what's slick about it. It's definitely not nearly detailed enough to be AFX. I also don't hear Mike P. in there, but I haven't paid attention to his last few releases. Maybe he's going for something new.

Also, wouldn't it be much easier to release a new name on his own label (a la The Tuss) than putting some stuff on SoundCloud and then waiting around until there's enough hype to get signed to a label that's not nearly as famous?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived