IGNORED

The thing after...

Psychotronic

What condition does one reach after overcoming any form of crippling depression?

The medical term used is usually remission, the absence of active symptoms of a chronic disease.

Recovering from hardcore depression can be one of the most fortifying and strengthening times.  After hitting rock bottom, sometimes one is blessed with the feeling that there is nothing to lose.  And having "nothing to lose" or "it can only get better" mentality can ironically give one the courage to live life properly.  A lot of people are afraid to live, because they don't want to lose or fuck up anything.  Or one's true desires in life seem so daunting that one becomes afraid to live up to the challenges of having to work for oneself (fucked up how so many setup goals for themselves, walk the path for awhile, and then after THEIR work pays off, they cower in fear of the success that they worked so hard for and deserve).  But sometimes it's like "fuck it, I already experienced worse", and then the seemingly difficult things that one setup for oneself can turn out to be not so bad.  Some things are much easier than they seem.  Some things are more difficult.  I think it's important to know that difficulty is irrelevant, though-- just do what needs to be done.  It's surprising how many people actually know what needs to be done to improve their lives.....

No fear.  Sometimes I find that putting oneself in the context of trying to impress Zeus or working on some elite IDM level is the only way to realize just how special one's life is.  Mindset, yo.  Parents "reveal" to a wimpy junior high schooler that he was actually made in an experimental lab to be a super athlete, and he'll go from uncoordinated to athletic, just because he believes it's in his DNA; just because he'll do the training that results in an athletic life.

Recovering from depression is kind of like being reincarnated; given a fresh new chance to experience life.  A lot of people want that golden chance to prove themselves, but the fact is that every single day is a new day to prove oneself, to oneself.  Every day one MUST prove oneself to the self.

Learned Helplessness is an accurate suggestion

Learned helplessness is a psychological component of an active disease, I don't understand what it has to do with overcoming it after the fact?

Recovering from hardcore depression can be one of the most fortifying and strengthening times. After hitting rock bottom, sometimes one is blessed with the feeling that there is nothing to lose. And having "nothing to lose" or "it can only get better" mentality can ironically give one the courage to live life properly. A lot of people are afraid to live, because they don't want to lose or fuck up anything. Or one's true desires in life seem so daunting that one becomes afraid to live up to the challenges of having to work for oneself (fucked up how so many setup goals for themselves, walk the path for awhile, and then after THEIR work pays off, they cower in fear of the success that they worked so hard for and deserve). But sometimes it's like "fuck it, I already experienced worse", and then the seemingly difficult things that one setup for oneself can turn out to be not so bad. Some things are much easier than they seem. Some things are more difficult. I think it's important to know that difficulty is irrelevant, though-- just do what needs to be done. It's surprising how many people actually know what needs to be done to improve their lives.....

No fear. Sometimes I find that putting oneself in the context of trying to impress Zeus or working on some elite IDM level is the only way to realize just how special one's life is. Mindset, yo. Parents "reveal" to a wimpy junior high schooler that he was actually made in an experimental lab to be a super athlete, and he'll go from uncoordinated to athletic, just because he believes it's in his DNA; just because he'll do the training that results in an athletic life.

Recovering from depression is kind of like being reincarnated; given a fresh new chance to experience life. A lot of people want that golden chance to prove themselves, but the fact is that every single day is a new day to prove oneself, to oneself. Every day one MUST prove oneself to the self.

This approach is very optimistic and also very dangerous. Fact of the matter is that any prolonged period of depression will make one much more vulnerable to recidivism, and more vulnerable to relatively mild stressors. It is recommended one should be careful not to overwhelm oneself but rather strive to maintain a good balance and find what contributes to a decent quality of life. One might not ever become that ideal person one has in one's head, and it doesn't matter. We don't recover from depression to take over the world.

Learned Helplessness is an accurate suggestion

Learned helplessness is a psychological component of an active disease, I don't understand what it has to do with overcoming it after the fact?

Recovering from hardcore depression can be one of the most fortifying and strengthening times. After hitting rock bottom, sometimes one is blessed with the feeling that there is nothing to lose. And having "nothing to lose" or "it can only get better" mentality can ironically give one the courage to live life properly. A lot of people are afraid to live, because they don't want to lose or fuck up anything. Or one's true desires in life seem so daunting that one becomes afraid to live up to the challenges of having to work for oneself (fucked up how so many setup goals for themselves, walk the path for awhile, and then after THEIR work pays off, they cower in fear of the success that they worked so hard for and deserve). But sometimes it's like "fuck it, I already experienced worse", and then the seemingly difficult things that one setup for oneself can turn out to be not so bad. Some things are much easier than they seem. Some things are more difficult. I think it's important to know that difficulty is irrelevant, though-- just do what needs to be done. It's surprising how many people actually know what needs to be done to improve their lives.....

No fear. Sometimes I find that putting oneself in the context of trying to impress Zeus or working on some elite IDM level is the only way to realize just how special one's life is. Mindset, yo. Parents "reveal" to a wimpy junior high schooler that he was actually made in an experimental lab to be a super athlete, and he'll go from uncoordinated to athletic, just because he believes it's in his DNA; just because he'll do the training that results in an athletic life.

Recovering from depression is kind of like being reincarnated; given a fresh new chance to experience life. A lot of people want that golden chance to prove themselves, but the fact is that every single day is a new day to prove oneself, to oneself. Every day one MUST prove oneself to the self.

This approach is very optimistic and also very dangerous. Fact of the matter is that any prolonged period of depression will make one much more vulnerable to recidivism, and more vulnerable to relatively mild stressors. It is recommended one should be careful not to overwhelm oneself but rather strive to maintain a good balance and find what contributes to a decent quality of life. One might not ever become that ideal person one has in one's head, and it doesn't matter. We don't recover from depression to take over the world.

That is exactly why one should recover from depression.  To take over the world-- one's own world.  To have positive control of one's own life.  Yes, one might not become their idealized self, but realizing such things is part of taking control of one's heart and mind and actions.  But yes, balance and simple joys in life are very important if one hits rock bottom-- challenges can be daunting.  That being said, I do believe there comes great power in truly realizing and expressing to the self, just how tired one is of their own bullshit.  Striving for greatness can come from just knowing that one deserves to treat oneself better.

All of this is highly thrilling to me. Thank you guys.

To take over the world-- one's own world.

What if your crippeling depression came from the narrative that everyone has its own world and joining them is unrewarding cause these worlds then just merge to a bigger bubble, that will function as a reflecting chamber and everybody inside will crank up the fucking feedback knob, till this chamber bursts into a cloud of pure fascism. So you stay alone noticing that this is also not rewarding, then you try to change the situation by jumping headless into a relation, that kicks you even deeper into the void because she only sees you as a feeback enabled defragmentation filter, that she can use to polish up the chains of her own ego instead of breaking them.

You dive down your mental rabbit hole and even lose sight of the initial problem: Everything turns cloud hitler.

15253111_355997081432016_798821195875300

Archived