IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

Thanks for sharing the clarification Davie.

Loving the new Tuss tracks! Not had chance to digest much else yet

And also in a quandary about best buying strategy.. Bought field day and Rushup Edge but not sure how to go about the rest to get maximum benefit!  

It's cheaper to buy ICBYD than it is to buy the 7 bonus tracks individually. Plus I'm hoping he adds more to that album because that's probably my favorite era.

I don't know what to say. I can't/will afford this.

a bunch of us should get together and buy one album each and share the lot among ourselves 

Nice to hear the Tuss tracks have the same sort of freewheeling funky haunted circus vibe the original releases had. And they're more than up to scratch. Good to hear more tunes from such a sparse period.. can't believe some of these dropped to the cutting room floor while 'Akunk' was pressed on vinyl. 

The Korg Tuning ep is great. Its like Soothing Sounds For Baby meets Z-Twig off SAWII. Thos ping-pong delays.. definitely the coziest RDJ release for a while.

Interesting to see he's still editing tracks so late into the game, I thought that the cut from 28 Organ was because he was self-conscious about re-using that melody in 'Avril 14th'? the track works better without it.

Surprised he didn't remaster Tamclap tho, thought it was one of his top twenty tunes ever or something

This is what Bleep support said when I asked why I couldn't download End e2 even though I bought Syro through Bleep

"Whilst you can use your Bleep log-in to access the Aphex Twin store as we are helping him run it, this is Aphex Twin’s store.  These products are different and could change in future with tracks being added and removed. Those who have purchased the full release on the Aphex Twin store will have access to download these tracks for free. Please be aware most new tracks will also be available to purchase individually.  Whilst we provide customer support for the new store, all decisions with regards to what content is available on the store and when are made by Aphex Twin himself."

I can appreciate their position, but while I'd love to be able to double purchase an album that's just not an option and kind of leaves a bad taste. I really appreciate everything he's put out over the last 2 years and at least I can stream them. Hopefully one day I'll be able to show my gratitude in €€€. 

Guest transmisiones ferox

Arched Maid Via RDJ (from HAB) and ICBYD bonuses are probably the most intersting for me now. 

Guest transmisiones ferox

Arched Maid Via RDJ (from HAB) and ICBYD bonuses are probably the most intersting for me now.

What is different about Arched Maid?

it's "new". yeah, but nothing new (just relised that). just an aphex noob here.

but some of those ICBYD ar really intersting. 

yeah you should type in to youtube the track tittle in case if it is from soundcloud dump (you can check it)

Interesting that the ICBYD bonus tracks are all pretty similar in style/tone. Quite minimalist and chilled, departing from the album which can get a bit aggressive.

got me the field day lp and all the bonus tracks we didn't have yet + one of them korg tracks

35 euro for more then 2 hours of great music that goes straight to the man, i don't see how that is that expensive or unfair and he gave us 250trxxx for free, buy or die!!!

so happy with all these new friggin traacks

LOL. I had to buy it through PayPal but made my country Azerbaijan because PayPal is still banned in Turkey. Anyway I bought CCAI pt2 and ODS for now. Will buy others later. It feels bad to re-buy but it feels good to know that he's gonna add tracks to these releases and it'll be free.

there is only 1 track from ICBYD we didn't hear yet right? can't download that one damnit

LOL. I had to buy it through PayPal but made my country Azerbaijan because PayPal is still banned in Turkey. Anyway I bought CCAI pt2 and ODS for now. Will buy others later. It feels bad to re-buy but it feels good to know that he's gonna add tracks to these releases and it'll be free.

i'm glad you finally got the music :beer:

there is only 1 track from ICBYD we didn't hear yet right? can't download that one damnit

I was really pissed off about it. Now I'm really calm listening to ODS bonuses. Gosh they're beautiful.  :music:

I was really pissed off about it. Now I'm really calm listening to ODS bonuses. Gosh they're beautiful. :music:

They sure are. Loving these new T tracks on Field Day also.

grabbed Tuss, ODS and Field Day whole along with xtra druqks, syro + HAB tracks.

But kept getting an error when trying to DL ChoirDrill for free.

I went for the WAVs but i think we can go back in and DL the FLAC too if we purchased the WAV?? didnt have time to convert them this morning so i dont have them on my ipod.

But totally loving this and I have no problem re-buying any of them after the SC dump.

Does anyone kno if any of the official releases are remastered in some way? WHy does Syro say September 2018? why does Druqks say Feb 2017?

I wonder why it says this under the "ALL Rephlex mate" page:

TR 606  July 2017  

New 606 album incoming? Possible Japan LP?

Edited by DavieAddison

I guess I shouldn't have bought a bunch of these on Bleep a few weeks ago, given the new bonus tracks...

Just send him/warp a message/

Good idea, thanks!  I've now sent one.  I (re-)bought a bunch of Aphex Twin albums a few months ago on the main Bleep store, so I'm hoping the new tracks will be copied to the main store, or the purchases on the main store will be copied across to the Aphex Twin one.  I can't imagine I'm the only person hoping that, either!

Well, I got a reply.  That's a "no".  Shame.

Echoing daddy1's comment...

There are no current plans for any vinyl pressing of new tracks.

Bleep Support

... so I'm guessing certain re-releases will get physicals eventually, but not for a while. Probably when the archives are empty and each tracklist is finalised.

The Tuss sounds crystal clear. Have these been remastered or am I delusional?

already flagged this up. Im thinking it could just be a placebo but they definitely sound much clearer and punchier to me.