IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

Well this is all great. I've loved AFX since I was a teen in the late 90s and have never quite hit the fanboi levels of some on here as I was always more of an AE guy. But then something like this comes along and of course I'm a rabid fan and completist.

There's some really great stuff in here, particularly the new Tuss tracks. The live Analord jam is amazing too. I'm realizing Analord-Tuss is my favorite era of his and I hope there's many more quality tracks from this era.

If anyone out there is listening, I would kill for a late 90s/early 2000s unreleased Autechre archive.

Hmm, second time I try to visit the place it's already down. :smile:

Anyway what I'm guessing from skimming the 25+ page posting frenzy in here, if you buy an entire release it's like subscribing to whatever bonus content gets added afterwards?

yes!

I finally figured out that confirmation of this is on the "About" page of the store (linked to at the very bottom). In case anyone else was wondering. :dadjoke:

As much as I hate buying digital files, this store is just an amazing thing.

I've been thinking about how emotional Drukqs is for RDJ by seeing the photos he put on the store's dedicated page. Pretty sure listening to it with that in mind will be something quite different !

As much as I hate buying digital files, this store is just an amazing thing.

I've been thinking about how emotional Drukqs is for RDJ by seeing the photos he put on the store's dedicated page. Pretty sure listening to it with that in mind will be something quite different !

Yeah those photos are precious. Adds to the impact of Drukqs as a sort of personal diary. All those people and memories associated with the era. Who are they? Minus obviously rich and that (french?) girlfriend

Looking forward to the Rephlex catalog. Collected all the Analord records but never picked up the digitals + extras before the Rephlex store went bye bye, always regretted not getting them. Hoping some extra Caustic Window stuff makes the cut as well.

I wonder why it says this under the "ALL Rephlex mate" page:

TR 606  July 2017  

New 606 album incoming? Possible Japan LP?

Universal Indicator Red has as cat# TR 606

Edited by Hectic Electric

Streaming Drukqs from the page right now. I agree with whoever said it sounds a bit different, yeah maybe its streaming. Then again, every time I listen to this record, I always notice different things and its like a new journey each time. Drukqs seriously never gets old, I don't know how he did. It's such a masterpiece. So much diverse material to explore, yet it has such a common thread through it and its like one thing. 

Really loving these. Especially Rushup Edge and complete (?) Field Day which ended up being our eagerly waited T-Trax release. Don't want to bitch about it but I'm little worried how much I end up spending on these if there will be tons of tracks more to be added to the albums I already own and hence bought only extra bits. Was so stoked and didn't read the rules nor this thread. At least should have bought ICBYD in full. But then again remembering those 250 tracks for free so fuck it. But some new shit bundle would have been / would be nice. I've got a itch that this is only a start. For those wanting a physical shit think about the absence of tracks like tamclap, ibiza spliff or Cornish Spreek although could end up on AFX store too. And Primavera & DFN tracks will most likely be on the next full length LP. So stoked here about this all!

Blah blah this is just fucking great. Thanks Rich again :rhubear3:

Those Drukqs pictures are really cool. I always got the impression Richard was kinda "tortured" while making that one. (probably dead wrong, who the hell knows). But there is a vibe of dead seriousness and darkness to a lot of it.. and then his output just stopped for quite a while after it.. even the "quite good" comment made him erupt etc. 

Can I ask a question? If you buy the whole album ​again lol (say Drukqs) on the bleep store, if Rich adds extra tracks in the future do you get them free? If he uploads a dozen extra tracks to it, see where I'm coming from?

They keep adding new tracks, right ? ICBYD first had 5 bonuses, then 7, now 8. It's making me hesitant to take the plunge til track lists are finalized.

Precisely my point.

Edited by beerwolf

Those Drukqs pictures are really cool. I always got the impression Richard was kinda "tortured" while making that one. (probably dead wrong, who the hell knows). But there is a vibe of dead seriousness and darkness to a lot of it.. and then his output just stopped for quite a while after it.. even the "quite good" comment made him erupt etc. 

i have/had that impression 2.  A madmen lockingd himself up from the rest of the world in a basement with his gear, battling god and himself, making the maddest mushroom shit ever