IGNORED

Don't upgrade to High Sierra (OSX)

cooliofranco

quick psa i upgraded thinking mac hasn't truly bottomed out yet. but, tons of my stuff, including reason and live, would just crash before starting after the updrade, so i had to spend a half day going back to an old backup. some of my keys are still messed but it's not a total disaster. 

yeah yeah yeah i probably shouldn't have been so credulous and waited another 6 months. but whatever, don't do it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's a common issue, but the UI in Live is laggy for me in High Sierra. Even in an empty set, turning a knob makes everything like 1 fps lol. Maybe it has something to do with my relatively old Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics. Logic and everything else are running better than ever though.

random shutdowns are mostly caused by some corrupted library files (fix: run disk repair routine, re-install macOS) or bad RAM sticks (fix: get new RAM).

i wish i had seen this thread earlier. basically i upgraded (or tried to upgrade) to high sierra and my mac hdd got corrupted. according to a tech, high sierra isn't designed for older macbooks but for newer ones that don't have moving parts- so even if the upgrade worked, it would have been a real drain on the system 

now i'm having to replace the HDD, add a new battery and more ram. basically, a new computer with the old school macbook shell (back when they still had dvd+rw/cd drives)

Live has always made my mac randomly shut down at times. High Sierra seems like things are still status quo with that at least

That sucks! What version and OS are you running? I’ve never had issues.

Just regular Sierra, with a 2015 mbp. Live has always caused random shutdowns, so ive learned to save often

i wish i had seen this thread earlier. basically i upgraded (or tried to upgrade) to high sierra and my mac hdd got corrupted. according to a tech, high sierra isn't designed for older macbooks but for newer ones that don't have moving parts- so even if the upgrade worked, it would have been a real drain on the system 

now i'm having to replace the HDD, add a new battery and more ram. basically, a new computer with the old school macbook shell (back when they still had dvd+rw/cd drives)

Gat damn, that fucking sucks. Im thinking of switching back to analog8trackrecorderPRO in the near future

Archived