IGNORED

Will BOC Release A New Album?

fumi

1 hour ago, toaoaoad said:

It's amazing how much discussion about this people can make out of absolutely nothing lmao

I'd rather discuss LP5's songs and theme, but so far that's where there's absolute nothing, innit? 😀

15 minutes ago, Fredd-E said:

Not so much a weird marketing ploy, but rather being more cautious this time. Remember in 2008 MDG already hinted at the new album and in 2009 he posted that the new album had some delays due to reasons outwith the band's control and that it was finally coming out in 2010. Well 2010 turned out to be 2013 as we all know. 🤷‍♂️

I don't think this is his fault. I honestly believe that at that point in time the album was slated for release in 2010 but apparently something delayed it again.

And now MDG is just being cautious. A 2022 message stating: "a new album is on its way" is hardly going to upset anyone. On the contrary.

All these quotes can be found here: https://bocpages.org/wiki/Statements_from_Hexagon_Sun 

So basically, going from the past, it takes 5 years between MDG's initial sign and the actual release. Past: first sign in 2008, and release in 2013. Now: first sign in 2022, and release in ...2027.

:flower:

1 minute ago, Satans Little Helper said:

So basically, going from the past, it takes 5 years between MDG's initial sign and the actual release. Past: first sign in 2008, and release in 2013. Now: first sign in 2022, and release in ...2027.

That's you assuming they don't take into account their 2008/2009 carelessness. Unlikely.

4 hours ago, demo said:

BoC themselves set expectations with all their breadcrumb tomfoolery from their social media like liking tweets asking for a new album and posting weird stuff like pioneer plaque and the I feel good video. If they hadn't done all that, then no, they wouldn't owe us anything. But they set expectations. Especially with their "Stay tuned for future updates" post and the babylulu message. Like c'mon, expectations have 100% been set by them, they owe it to us to eventually follow up.

Band owing an album to fans after band social media account does what social media accounts do.  Right.

BoC fans are some crew.

Edited by NewSchoolScience

1 minute ago, Fredd-E said:

That's you assuming they don't take into account their 2008/2009 carelessness. Unlikely.

i'm not sure why you say they were careless in 2008/2009. because it took longer than expected?

no, this is me assuming there's always stuff causing delays. and assuming mdg gives a hint when boc basically finalised the album. and assuming that it takes a while between "boc consider album ready" and "actual release of new album". meaning: it takes 5 years between "boc have album ready" and "album releases".

8 minutes ago, Satans Little Helper said:

i'm not sure why you say they were careless in 2008/2009. because it took longer than expected?

no, this is me assuming there's always stuff causing delays. and assuming mdg gives a hint when boc basically finalised the album. and assuming that it takes a while between "boc consider album ready" and "actual release of new album". meaning: it takes 5 years between "boc have album ready" and "album releases".

https://bocpages.org/wiki/Statements_from_Hexagon_Sun#December_2009

MDG: "the new album has been held up over the past year by one or two issues outwith the band's control, but it is finally coming out in 2010."

I bet he knows he had better worded it differently. And that's why they're being cautious now by just stating it is on its way. No further specifics whatsoever.

I still don't agree with your 5 years theory, but that's ok. I prefer 2 or 3 years. 🙂

36 minutes ago, Fredd-E said:

A 2022 message stating: "a new album is on its way" is hardly going to upset anyone.

hmm, well, I'd say it upsets a certain element of the fan base, as evidenced by posts on various electronic music forums complaining about why they haven't released anything yet! 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, NewSchoolScience said:

Band owing an album to fans after band social media account does what social media accounts do.  Right.

BoC fans are some crew.

No you are some crew. You know (or should know) damn well MDG ain't just a Warp intern or an insignificant person in the world of BoC.

If he says a new album is incoming, there is a new album coming. And as such it's definitely not bad on us to expect it and talk about it.

3 minutes ago, zero said:

hmm, well, I'd say it upsets a certain element of the fan base, as evidenced by posts on various electronic music forums complaining about why they haven't released anything yet! 

That quote has nothing to do with that and you know it. With or without quote that certain element of the fan base would complain either way.

People just can't be happy with the simple fact the band is not over yet and will release something, but all it takes (as always) is some patience.

• Facepalm 1

I doubt they will release anything before western civilization collapses completely (so that they are vindicated for making Tomorrow's Harvest). Presumably they already have nuclear-apocalypse-proof pirate radio broadcast network already established for such a purpose (or are in the process of completing).

• Haha 1

someone tell MDG to tell the bros to just put out some little tiny thing on Soundcloud

doesn’t matter. just an isolated portion of an existing track

it would probably just make everyone just froth harder tho

1 minute ago, auxien said:

someone tell MDG to tell the bros to just put out some little tiny thing on Soundcloud

doesn’t matter. just an isolated portion of an existing track

it would probably just make everyone just froth harder tho

You just answered everyone's question. That's why they probably don't do random audio teasers unless these are directly linked to a campaign.

Absolute silence before the storm. Who dares check the forecast?

Kind of hilarious how watmm is currently becoming as trolled as twoism :boc:

Pig after pig. Cow after cow.

the horror....the horror...

Edited by beerwolf
  • Haha 2

Hey guys, Marcus here (Mike is beside me he says “hey”). We’re using Alco’s account (thanks Alco, enjoy Old Times vols. 3-55). We just wanted to pop in and say we ARE possibly releasing an album. 

we’ve been very busy. Mike got a bike a couple years back and he’s been learning to ride. Getting pretty good! Yesterday I saw him ride with no hands lmao nice. 

for my part, I’ve been admittedly slacking my fair share. I watched all of X files and then Millenium and then Californication (my bad I thought this was part of the same universe). Watched these at half speed so it was more ambient and nostalgic. Some episodes I watched in reverse and a bunch of them I taped back and forth between two vhs so they were crazy grainy lol. I was like “is that even Mulder or what’s even going on?” Haha. lol. 

anyway, new music at some point perhaps! Enjoy! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 10

i do believe boc will drop new music at some point, for the same reasons fredd-e stated. the 'stay tuned' stuff on socials and mdg confirmation is enough for me 👍

i'd be more interested in the 'bocset' but i've pretty much lost all hope for that. sadly, i reckon that ship has sailed.

13 minutes ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

i do believe boc will drop new music at some point, for the same reasons fredd-e stated. the 'stay tuned' stuff on socials and mdg confirmation is enough for me 👍

i'd be more interested in the 'bocset' but i've pretty much lost all hope for that. sadly, i reckon that ship has sailed.

Thanks to Aphex we now know how much we can expect such a bocset to cost. I still hope that curating the bocset is part of why everything takes so long. Imagine if we get both. 😮

Edited by Fredd-E

2 minutes ago, Fredd-E said:

Thanks to Aphex we now know how much we can expect such a bocset to cost. I still hope that curating the bocset is part of why everything takes so long. Imagine if we get both. 😮

i'd have no qualms forking out double that amount on the bocset if it was content > presentation.

the problem with the aphex set is that around 80% of the cost is allocated to the box that everything sits in.

2 minutes ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

the problem with the aphex set is that around 80% of the cost is allocated to the box that everything sits in.

Turns out there's two extra 12''s in there (one in the lid, one in the base), but you need to carefully drill into the wooden box to get them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

i'd have no qualms forking out double that amount on the bocset if it was content > presentation.

Exactly why I'm a bit afraid the bocset will be sold for much more. A similar expensive box + all new/old/unheard music on top of it.

7 hours ago, Fredd-E said:

Exactly why I'm a bit afraid the bocset will be sold for much more. A similar expensive box + all new/old/unheard music on top of it.

How long do you think it would take The Brothers to go over all of their old music, compile it, make individual cassette copies one at a time which they play over and over to give them that authentic degraded sound, hand make all the artwork at the nearest Kinkos, give them only to friends, and become friends with hundreds of thousands or millions of people? Hm do you think this might take, say, a decade or so? Yeah, starting to make sense now isn’t it?

-MDG 

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 1