IGNORED

Will BOC Release A New Album?

fumi

On 8/19/2020 at 8:54 AM, beerwolf said:

Procured from twoism, BOC (or whoever runs their twitter page) liked a comment about this (I guess something to do with resurrecting the dead)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toynbee_tiles

I've never heard of these tiles until yesterday, and then watched this documentary about such tiles

Super cool stuff :boc:

• Like 2

such a tune--what's that guy up to lately? I'd need more of his stuff right about now, too. I'll settle for revisiting my collection his work in the interim. 

Yes, I am aware of his bandcamp. It's how I got a cool red vinyl edition of "Distance lends..." years ago, and have chatted with him a bit, too. But I was asking about whether anyone knew of any news. He used to post updates on Facebook years ago, and I haven't heard anything lately, but then again, I've been staying off social media. I was wondering if someone connected to him (via social media or friends or whatever) knew of his plans, not just about his back-catalogue. 

6 minutes ago, apriorion said:

Yes, I am aware of his bandcamp. It's how I got a cool red vinyl edition of "Distance lends..." years ago, and have chatted with him a bit, too. But I was asking about whether anyone knew of any news. He used to post updates on Facebook years ago, and I haven't heard anything lately, but then again, I've been staying off social media. I was wondering if someone connected to him (via social media or friends or whatever) knew of his plans, not just about his back-catalogue. 

Not heard anything from him in some time... Can't recall his Twitter account, but SoundCloud hasn't had anything new since Curio Vol. 3 in 2014.

Ah, sure. Now that I think about it more, I vaguely recall that he contributed to the Touched compilations, perhaps that was after Curio in 2014? He also did some live thing, and I saw a video of that, and it looked cool. 

12 minutes ago, apriorion said:

Ah, sure. Now that I think about it more, I vaguely recall that he contributed to the Touched compilations, perhaps that was after Curio in 2014? He also did some live thing, and I saw a video of that, and it looked cool. 

Yeah, he had a track on Touched 2 and the Remixes as well, but that was 2015. He did some live stuff with Plaid and others in 2018 at the 23rpm Festival.

Yeah, I've been thinking the past couple days that those pranks were fun when we didn't live in a world where machine-gun carrying morons actually showed up places because of some shit they made up when they were connecting the dots in their broken minds, or when they listened to roid-rage toads with megaphones. The world's too scary for that shit right now. 

I've always wondered: do BOC get scary attention from freaks who think that they're part of the illuminati and stuff like that? They were clearly making jokes about the 1980s controversy of back-masking in heavy metal music, but I wonder if some people actually think that BOC are satanists. I guess the answer is "yes", but I just wonder how often it results in real whackos fucking with them. Dry humor doesn't really register with some of those people, you know, and BOC are just well-known enough to scare some of those people. 

1 hour ago, apriorion said:

I've always wondered: do BOC get scary attention from freaks who think that they're part of the illuminati and stuff like that? They were clearly making jokes about the 1980s controversy of back-masking in heavy metal music, but I wonder if some people actually think that BOC are satanists. I guess the answer is "yes", but I just wonder how often it results in real whackos fucking with them. Dry humor doesn't really register with some of those people, you know, and BOC are just well-known enough to scare some of those people. 

Haha yea. Tool fans generally fall firmly in that camp as well. On 10,000 Days there is evil sounding backmasked vocals but they say: Work hard, stay in school, listen to your mother, your father is right. Jesus loves you.

Classic

Edited by jules
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, apriorion said:

Yeah, I've been thinking the past couple days that those pranks were fun when we didn't live in a world where machine-gun carrying morons actually showed up places because of some shit they made up when they were connecting the dots in their broken minds, or when they listened to roid-rage toads with megaphones. The world's too scary for that shit right now. 

Probably why they live on expansive property in the Scottish countryside, to keep said weirdos at bay...

41 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Probably why they live on expansive property in the Scottish countryside, to keep said weirdos at bay...

what's their address?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

Oh, I get that, regardless of one's public status. I moved out to a small town in the country and I still feel too close to people. I need much more isolation (working on it for my next home), and I'm nobody! People just suck. 

Even though it's a bit of a dud, maybe Camp BOC is beginning to stir into life....

Now I know I'm not untitled to anything (yawns) but really, really could do with some new tracks

Have a nice day