IGNORED

Will BOC Release A New Album?

fumi

The BoC bros a balancing a spreadsheet for a multinational conglomerate in between telling their wives what color drapes they prefer for the sunroom and you guys are all up in here asking for a new album like it's 2009 or something. 

On 4/22/2020 at 12:56 AM, thumbass said:
On 4/21/2020 at 11:23 PM, apriorion said:

No major disagreements here. I just want to point out that, with their contribution to the NTS Warp 30 celebration almost a year ago (WTF!!! a year already?!), BOC haven't left the music world. That's all. As you said, they have their own geologic timescale, like from the point of view of Sagan's cosmic calendar, it's all recent enough. 

Oh my God it has actually almost been a year

Fuck

4real, this does NOT feel like a year ago already

19 hours ago, Joyrex said:
22 hours ago, goDel said:

Yeah. If they would have already left the industry, they wouldn't have taken part in this NTS thing under their BOC name. They put something out in public under their name, even if it was a mix. That simply says BOC is still a thing and not defunct, imo.

What is notable however, is that there wasn't any unreleased BOC part of that set. Suggests there wasn't anything to put out in the public at that point in time. Which is a rather depressing thought, imo. At least, I can't remember any unreleased stuff. Could be my memory.

Or, none of their stuff they felt was suitable for that mix - I really think it was their favourite songs and things that interested them, which if you think about it, a weird way to celebrate a weirdway to celebrate a record label's 30th anniversary (especially since none of the music in the mix was on WARP :cerious:)

Imho the Societas X thing was a way for them to say "Look at all of this music yall are missing out on, go find more while we do our stuff" kinda idk 

I do know I found alot of cool music off it :)

Edited by MIXL2
7777 :D
  • Like 2

I do think one day they will bestow their fans with plenty of treasure

If they are such the down to Earth couple of lads people say they are, and in all interviews they actually do come across as such, then patience will be a virtue

Most difficult artists give a little ground after a few decades ?

Edited by beer badger
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 12:33 PM, beer badger said:

I do think one day they will bestow their fans with plenty of treasure

If they are such the down to Earth couple of lads people say they are, and in all interviews they actually do come across as such, then patience will be a virtue

Most difficult artists give a little ground after a few decades ?

This is true - who would have thought Richard would have bestowed hundreds of tracks upon his fans? Autechre talking with fans in a forum for a week solid? At this point, anything can happen.

• Like 2

Maybe something was planned for this year but postponed due to covid-19 situation ? Don't know maybe not the best moment to release a long awaited album ?

:shrug:

Go over to twoism and check out the New Album Speculation thread (or whatever its called)

There is a little bit of gold on their atm.

A few dudes have made the connection that the last mdg post was a week before David Bowie died, and if you remember that Bowie did mention he was listening to BOC before Blackstar surfaced (I can't remember the full details but I do remember that). So a few of them think Bowie was either mdg himself (dead David = no new posts) or he was at least a Hexagon Sun member.

Hahah I love it! Excellent work twoism ?

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Farnsworth 4

I'd like to tell them myself but I'm banned

(When Nanny State 'please play nicely' Mexicola was made a mod I knew my time was running out) 

The Wolf Badger was never going to last long in such an environment. It was like a soft and slippery mudskipper being placed in the middle of the Gobi Desert, 300 miles from the nearest well or oasis. And there's only so much skipping a mudskipper can do before getting thirsty!

Certain death was approaching fast!

Edited by beer badger

As I whimper about no new BOC....

Do you think its possible please to tuck me into bed Mr and Mr Sandison and read me a bedtime story? While I have a cup of Skippers Scout hot chocolate? 

Oh thank you so very much, you are so very kind

13 hours ago, beer badger said:

Go over to twoism and check out the New Album Speculation thread (or whatever its called)

There is a little bit of gold on their atm.

A few dudes have made the connection that the last mdg post was a week before David Bowie died, and if you remember that Bowie did mention he was listening to BOC before Blackstar surfaced (I can't remember the full details but I do remember that). So a few of them think Bowie was either mdg himself (dead David = no new posts) or he was at least a Hexagon Sun member.

Hahah I love it! Excellent work twoism ?

My god. If true, then Twoism has become a post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy that wished it could become a real thread.

I haven't been there for years because I got to the point where I cringed before I typed the URL into my browser and I determined "why would I go to a place that pains me so much?" I can't imagine how the BOC fellows themselves must feel, especially if they think that place is representative of their fanbase. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I totally get why BOC don't interact with their fans--I wouldn't. 

Except you guys--you guys are the greatest, relative to the BOC fans. 

• Thanks 1

I actually think twoism.org is what made BoC give up on music back in 2006. They probably wondered wtf made their music resonate so much with sad Peter Pan syndrome delicate baby-dudes and decided to just burn it all down and get a real estate license or something real like that. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 3
  • Burger 1

obviously they will create another 2 albums because they are currently at 4 and there's 6 sides to a hexagon.

albums 5 and 6 will feature a total of 39 tracks for symmetry.

MHtRtC>TCH has 56 tracks on original releases (ignoring japan exclusive and US issue happy cycling) TH has 17 tracks. 56-17=39.

all up there will be 112 album tracks which can be expressed as the sum of SIX consecutive prime numbers (11+13+17+19+23+29).

it can be hypothesized that the last track on the last album will be a backmasking of wildlife analysis thereby tying all albums together in a loop creating an infinite BoC cycle.

from this the band will reincarnate onto a higher plane of existence and begin the process all over again.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Kid Lukie said:

obviously they will create another 2 albums because they are currently at 4 and there's 6 sides to a hexagon.

albums 5 and 6 will feature a total of 39 tracks for symmetry.

MHtRtC>TCH has 56 tracks on original releases (ignoring japan exclusive and US issue happy cycling) TH has 17 tracks. 56-17=39.

all up there will be 112 album tracks which can be expressed as the sum of SIX consecutive prime numbers (11+13+17+19+23+29).

it can be hypothesized that the last track on the last album will be a backmasking of wildlife analysis thereby tying all albums together in a loop creating an infinite BoC cycle.

from this the band will reincarnate onto a higher plane of existence and begin the process all over again.

can we now rename this thread to  

new album speculation based on facts we have?

this post demands it imho

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

can we now rename this thread to  

new album conjectures based on mathematical laws and patterns

this post demands it imho

fixt ;D

• Burger 2

BoC fans thirsty for a new album remind me of the Twin Peaks fans who want a 4th season. I get the sentiment of wanting more and I don't want to belittle their fanhood but it's missing the fucking point of enjoying art true to the artists creating it. Music should not be a commodity. 

• Like 2

Some people here obsess over Twoism as much as Twoism obsessed over Boards of Canada. I’d guess the brothers are vaguely aware of Twoism and the general level of obsession some of their fans have but it’s not like they’re pouring through threads and watching a small handful of probably decent people but clearly still weirdos get all riled up over numbers and tweets. 

I guess what I’m saying is they’re a pretty innocuous bunch and have no impact over how the brothers lives their life or approach their music. Who cares, let them be weird. 

Also to be fair, have you spent any time in the Autechre subforum here on WATMM