IGNORED

Will BOC Release A New Album?

fumi

9 hours ago, Friendly Stranger said:

New Instagram post on the official (??) BoC account of a fan made Transmisiones Ferox video, made my heart race a bit when I first saw them in my feed!

Hopeful for a new release in 2021. I'll take anything but a theme of renewal/rebirth, coming out of dark times would vibe with me pretty well. Or they can just get super weird and go down a Geogaddi II path. I promise I won't be picky.

I don't see them doing anything with a renewal / rebirth theme considering what they said in tomorrows harvest interviews and how that stuff hasn't really changed. Geogaddi weirdness would be great though

28 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

As long as there are no acoustic guitar jams it will be fine

I’d take acoustic guitar jams 

just put something out

after like 23,000 hours of new Ae since the last BOC, it’s just embarrassing. Do it or just throw in the towel 

On 11/26/2020 at 4:31 AM, fizzkinz said:

just put something out

after like 23,000 hours of new Ae since the last BOC, it’s just embarrassing. Do it or just throw in the towel 

they put out the occasional remix every so often. surely they should have the freedom to do that? it's like saying "no youre not allowed to release anything at all because it's easier for us fans not to expect anything". i would not put such a restriction on myself, and i haven't put out any albums. i like to think one of my audacity glitches will turn up on a SKAM ep some day.

On 11/26/2020 at 4:31 AM, fizzkinz said:

just put something out

Out of all the wacko theories I’ve read on twoism one I thought could ring true. There will be six BOC albums (do I need to explain why lol) and then they’ll wrap it up for good. That’s why they allow so many years between releases, There albums are concept heavy, maybe the band itself is also part of that concept. I’m sure they have been working on the sixth for a few years now.

Also at the same time maybe twoism is making a huge mistake and instead of concentrating it’s efforts on using every thing but an Ouija Board to predict when a new album is coming out, (which seems entirely pointless to me) they should be concentrating their energy into finding Soundcloud accounts that Mike and Marcus probably upload tracks to during downtime from Boards Of Canada. That surely would be time better spent :boc:

Edited by beerwolf
  • Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

here's what I'm anticipating - they set a date for an announcement, the announcement comes and it's cryptic, then another announcement follows with the actual album release date, which is set for like a year out.

49 minutes ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

load of new twitter likes today too - if that means anything :shrug:

a lot of the likes are for tweets that tagged them specifically saying shit like ‘please we need a new BoC album soon’

so i mean obviously the record is going to drop tonight. ?

• Burger 1

1 hour ago, thumbass said:

They just posted their profile picture on instagram. Why would they do that other than to spark up useless hope.

I'm imagining the two of them just discovering Instagram like a pair of grandparents. "Ohh you can post selfies on this site? That's cool, we always just did it through press releases.."

9 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

i simply cannot imagine what it must be like to exert any of my mental energy wondering if boc will release a new album 

it’s exactly like cumming but the absolute opposite in every way

Edited by auxien
  • Haha 3
  • Burger 2
  • Farnsworth 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...