IGNORED

Elon Musk's Starman - Is this shit real wtf

YO303

1 hour ago, Zeffolia said:

If humanity invents more work to do once basic stuff like agriculture, house construction, and appliance manufacturing become completely automated, what's the justification for not giving them to everyone?  That's a minimum requirement

It extends beyond that though - what's the society we want to build in the future?  One owned by corporations or owned by people?  Have you never worked a wage slave job and been alienated from your labor before?  Do we want the majority of humanity to exist forever as nothing more than wage slaves working on things for others to help them extract profit from the world?  I don't care if loopholes are discovered and capitalism can keep patching itself up forever, we still need to get rid of it for the alienation reason alone

house construction is about the farthest fucking job (at least in america) from being automated. are you just spouting off shit you've read in articles or reddit or what my dude, or did you just pull that out of thin air

also genuinely curious, have you had a job? have you had a job outside working in the dirt with your hands where you were 100% not alienated from your labor? it often fucking sucks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zeffolia said:

If humanity invents more work to do once basic stuff like agriculture, house construction, and appliance manufacturing become completely automated, what's the justification for not giving them to everyone?  That's a minimum requirement

It extends beyond that though - what's the society we want to build in the future?  One owned by corporations or owned by people?  Have you never worked a wage slave job and been alienated from your labor before?  Do we want the majority of humanity to exist forever as nothing more than wage slaves working on things for others to help them extract profit from the world?  I don't care if loopholes are discovered and capitalism can keep patching itself up forever, we still need to get rid of it for the alienation reason alone

Zeff, honestly, I don't know where to start. Get the impression we live in completely different bubbles and talk a different language. Even though the words look the same, the meaning is different. To the point of being unrecognizable.

I'm not trying to be judgmental. This is about the process of getting to some kind of mutual understanding. And currently, all I can say is that I don't understand where you're coming from at all. And given your replies I can only assume this to be mutual.

Better to leave it here, I guess. 

1 hour ago, auxien said:

house construction is about the farthest fucking job (at least in america) from being automated. are you just spouting off shit you've read in articles or reddit or what my dude, or did you just pull that out of thin air

also genuinely curious, have you had a job? have you had a job outside working in the dirt with your hands where you were 100% not alienated from your labor? it often fucking sucks.

Why do you mentally restrict yourself to the past and the present?  It's pretty obvious that house construction can be 100% automated at some point.  If we truly wanted it to be right not it most likely would be.  Yes I've had a job, and no I've never had a manual labor job but I've done manual labor.  And putting your hands into the dirt doesn't mean you aren't alienated from your labor

If the house you're building is for the profit of your boss you're still alienated from your labor.  If the house you're building isn't the house you want to build you're still alienated from your labor.  Only if the house you're building is the house you want to build with the group you want to build houses with, and the benefits of the house are going where you want them to go, then you're not alienated from your labor.

20 minutes ago, goDel said:

Zeff, honestly, I don't know where to start. Get the impression we live in completely different bubbles and talk a different language. Even though the words look the same, the meaning is different. To the point of being unrecognizable.

I'm not trying to be judgmental. This is about the process of getting to some kind of mutual understanding. And currently, all I can say is that I don't understand where you're coming from at all. And given your replies I can only assume this to be mutual.

Better to leave it here, I guess. 

I understand everything you've said though.  As for the basis of what I'm talking about, this is a canonical introduction to some aspects of it, and a very beautiful one.  It's from 1892 though so some sections are outdated, but they apply just as much today as they ever did

https://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/petr-kropotkin-the-conquest-of-bread

And of course:
https://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/download/pdf/Manifesto.pdf

Nothing I'm saying is outlandish at all, it's all very standard

Edited by Zeffolia

18 hours ago, caze said:

don't need to, post-scarcity is possible terrestrially it just won't last for very long.

Lol, if it doesn’t last for very long, it’s not a post-scarcity economy. It’s still governed by the same supply and demand market forces. 

polyethylene is just hydrogen and carbon sure. What’s the usual source of ethylene?

Speculation about the value of minerals mined from asteroids is just that. It also usually fails to take into account what happens to the price of a commodity once you introduce a huge new amount into existing supplies.

Point is, Elon musk and others aren’t saving the planet through extraterrestrial mining, and post-scarcity ain’t gonna happen because for all intents and purposes, the earth is a closed system. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hot Wheels® packs the power and performance of the futuristic Cybertruck into two small-scale, remote-control vehicles: a track-compatible 1:64 scale and a limited-edition hobby grade 1:10 scale. It’s the only way to drive the Cybertruck in 2020!

Screen-Shot-2020-02-21-at-7.47.11-AM.jpg

https://www.mattelcreations.com/?icid=home_body-1_aspot_mattel-creations_p1

• Like 1

• 2 months later...