IGNORED

possible new aphex track?

d3ld0t

what is is this colorsquad nonsense ?

It's like the Real housewives of Atlanta except instead of housewives they're idm kidz and instead of Atlanta it's soundcloud.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

like a monologued mix of CIRKLON3 .. painstakingly shamelessly afxy, enuff to create doubt,.. funky either way, especially that vocal sample 

Only track since the Tuss that makes me say this:

Its AFX

Open your ears.

This is top shelve Tregaskin funk melodies.

''beat not complex enough'' lol Analord,Cirklon 3,Korg Funk anyone?

These melodies have the glow of the Twin.

Probably something like a cheetah or Korg trx out take that was laying around on the drive.

Its AFX

Open your ears.

Probably something like a cheetah or Korg trx out take that was laying around on the drive.

lol no i'm not afx

Its AFX

Open your ears.

maxresdefault.jpg

It's him, I'm 1000% sure. Listened about 30 times, can't stop repeating, melodies really open themselves up on repeat listens in classic AFX style. Bassline at 2:24 is so so similar to that in the end half of korg1b, someone would have to spend so much time to accurately recreate the certain style and palette he used in that track, and then to pass it off as someone else with the #afx tag, more realistic it's just him throwing us a nice new track to kick off the year. More hallmarks, reverbed percussion in one ear for one second at 1:07, super finessed and stylistic gating all over the track, insanely wistful and melancholic melodies. Come on guys...

the percussion gives away that it's not him. richard chooses percussion timing so that it punches you in the face. the timing here has the arbitrary, default sound. plus the drums have nothing interesting or good sounding going on. richard wouldn't allow this in any version of a song. maybe if it is an unfinished version in which richard neglected to do anything with drums at all and inexplicably left some stock beat there, and then decided to post it online so he could read comments for his amusement.

the percussion gives away that it's not him. richard chooses percussion timing so that it punches you in the face. the timing here has the arbitrary, default sound. plus the drums have nothing interesting or good sounding going on. richard wouldn't allow this in any version of a song. maybe if it is an unfinished version in which richard neglected to do anything with drums at all and inexplicably left some stock beat there, and then decided to post it online so he could read comments for his amusement.

Cheetah3 has the basic Kick Snare Kick Snare for the majority of the song, there are a lot of detailed fills and programming in lipid if you listen, not all of his tracks recently have had Vordhosbn-levels of complexity.

lol

the stark division on these kinds of things is something else. 

won't share my opinion as opinions aren't rlly welcome round hurr parts'

It's him, I'm 1000% sure. Listened about 30 times, can't stop repeating, melodies really open themselves up on repeat listens in classic AFX style. Bassline at 2:24 is so so similar to that in the end half of korg1b, someone would have to spend so much time to accurately recreate the certain style and palette he used in that track, and then to pass it off as someone else with the #afx tag, more realistic it's just him throwing us a nice new track to kick off the year. More hallmarks, reverbed percussion in one ear for one second at 1:07, super finessed and stylistic gating all over the track, insanely wistful and melancholic melodies. Come on guys...

me too w/ the repeated listenings .. melodies opening up, serious magic here

afx or not, i can't stop listening to it

gives that intensification for the feeling of life that I associate with aphex magic

yeah i believ

this is obviously from one of u-ziq's 5782 'lost albums' found on a cd sold at a Habitat for Humanity Re-Store somewhere and then ripped to the interweb

Lot of nonsense being talked in this thread. People saying it's 100% definitely Aphex...like, you really don't know shit.

But I do like this track.

Archived