Saw D2 yesterday and loved it. Not quite as tight as the first one, there's a lot more story to convey, but solid all the way through.

Yeah, the brutal sound revealed one failing speaker in the theater, the poor thing was rattling during large parts of the film.

• Like 3

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Pirtek said:

Same! Went for the Mutant exclusive 

Expensive, but it will be the last bit of vinyl I buy this month. (unless a record conforms to essential purchase classification) 

If I could perhaps add more temptation, have you seen the Folio Society editions for Dune? 

https://www.foliosociety.com/uk/dune.html

dfh_03_1.png.webp.b4e0ab078f3d90dd32035e07d8ed2884.webp

dune_messiah_gallery_2.jpg.webp.261488914d4cd90e76231e485af46a7d.webp

dune_messiah_gallery_5.jpg.webp.f36ed5a208b2aa4bb957be5ffca3228a.webp

Edited by Scaramouche
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Scaramouche said:

Expensive, but it will be the last bit of vinyl I buy this month. (unless a record conforms to essential purchase classification) 

I hear you! 🤣

If I could perhaps add more temptation, have you seen the Folio Society editions for Dune? 

Very nice! But I got these not too long ago. Books 1-6 👍

s-l1200.webp

• Like 3

These look extremely awesome but £100 for a book is quite an investment. Really tempted with this 

• Like 1

saw Dune 2 in cliMax at the Barely Regal Cinema in the Loyd Detention Center. Movie was great. Sound not too loud as I had feared. It did rush at the end but I feel like that’s how it was in the book too. The entire Lynch version was rushed (not his fault) so can’t complain much. I liked the tweaks they made to you-know-who. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

It begins…

IMG_3047.jpeg

I saw this the other day!

On my way to the IMAX in Nottingham to see it again!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Pirtek said:

I enjoyed it a lot more this time!!

👏👏👏

Spoiler

that's what she said

• Haha 1

On 3/9/2024 at 6:27 PM, Pirtek said:

I enjoyed it a lot more this time!!

👏👏👏

Did you notice anything strikingly different 2nd time around/did you appraise a scene/sequence differently? 

1 hour ago, Scaramouche said:

Did you notice anything strikingly different 2nd time around/did you appraise a scene/sequence differently? 

To be honest not a particular scene or sequence, but I did feel that the overall film seemed to flow a lot better for me this time. If I had to pick a scene, I'd say the ending, which felt a little rushed first time, was better.

So many standout moments! 👍

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Pirtek said:

To be honest not a particular scene or sequence, but I did feel that the overall film seemed to flow a lot better for me this time. If I had to pick a scene, I'd say the ending, which felt a little rushed first time, was better.

So many standout moments! 👍

i found it pretty intense the first time. i should see it again. some of the themes the movie hangs on are deep/complex tensions even though we know what is going on and why. it seemed that way to me anyways.. could've just been my brain and the feels. 

there's more than one thread in the story that is told very well i think and it's impressive they were able to tell those stories as they did at the same time.  i wouldn't mind an even longer cut with more of paul's mom walking around talking to her fetus.

• Like 3