Things everybody loves but you don't get at all

Lachesi

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

black mirror

really bleak and depressing show. I can't get into it at all

edit: v >:|

I just think the whole fear the hivemind thing is so overrated. don't be afraid of technology, respect it and research it. same folks who nag about 5G on facebook love this show. posting anti smartphone photos on their insta story with an iphone 8, fucking lol. mongo hippies

Well I was going to mention Sgt Pepper, but I've already been told off and had a few huge chunks taken out of me by Mdm Chaos, having a similar styled belligerent rant about the Fab Fours masterpiece will just ask for more trouble (maybe Dr Lopez)....

I guess I need a time machine to fully appreciate how important it was. My feeling it's more about the sound, production and concept of the album. The songs are lame compared to Revolver and Magical Mystery Tour (I'll stop there)…..

Well I was going to mention Sgt Pepper, but I've already been told off and had a few huge chunks taken out of me by Mdm Chaos, having a similar styled belligerent rant about the Fab Fours masterpiece will just ask for more trouble (maybe Dr Lopez)....

I guess I need a time machine to fully appreciate how important it was. My feeling it's more about the sound, production and concept of the album. The songs are lame compared to Revolver and Magical Mystery Tour (I'll stop there)…..

Within You Without You is the only meh song on Sgt Pepper's. Every other song is great.

My feeling it's more about the sound, production and concept of the album. The songs are lame compared to Revolver and Magical Mystery Tour (I'll stop there)…..

Yeah, I think it's recognized as being the first concept album, which along with the innovative production stuff puts it on the critic's pedestal.  If Revolver had a conceptual theme tying it all together it would get the crown.  

...actually looking over the tracklist, there are some pretty major songwriting innovations going on in several songs off SP as well.  I've always enjoyed Revolver more, but I guess I concede that SP breaks more territory.  

Within You Without You is the only meh song on Sgt Pepper's. Every other song is great.

Lol, that's my favourite track on the whole album by a country mile! 

weird....

Tomorrow Never Knows is sublime, we just gonna have to agree to disagree on the rest

Reign in Blood is the best Beatles lp anyway

I'm not sure what this Sgt peppers thing is?

Worth looking up?

lol, the beatles. Actually I kind think they're over-rated in a way. Definitely good on them for changing the fact of music, but imho a lot of their songs haven't aged well.

black mirror

really bleak and depressing show. I can't get into it at all

edit: v >:|

I just think the whole fear the hivemind thing is so overrated. don't be afraid of technology, respect it and research it. same folks who nag about 5G on facebook love this show. posting anti smartphone photos on their insta story with an iphone 8, fucking lol. mongo hippies

I don't think Black Mirror is about technology being evil, but about as you say, giving believable reasons why we must learn to respect tech. If people take away from the show that technology is evil then I don't think they get it. The marching forward of technology is definitely our cultural zeitgeist and the conversation on how technology changes us really needs to be explored and understood since it's only going to become more prevalent.

Btw San Juniper is an episode where technology is used to enhance people's lives.

for a long time I just couldn't get songs in general as in: music w voices on top 

It was the opposite for me (as with most people). Songs first, electronic music second. Now I listen to vocal lead music much less. It honestly feels much more rigid and constrained. Take away vocals/lyrics and you open up a whole world of sound as you're able to do a lot more with instrumentals.

It's the only song on there written by George Harrison rather than Lennon/McCartney, so you're both consistent with your taste.

Stephen G, you will probably hate it.  It's kind of the OPN of Beatles albums.

Archived