IGNORED

Upsammy - Wild Chamber

https://nousklaer.bandcamp.com/album/wild-chamber

With great pleasure we present the mini album Wild Chamber by upsammy. 

In many ways Spring seems to the perfect seasonal match for upsammy: no matter the tempo nor intensity, her style is colourful, restorative and carries a tangible promise of new beginnings. So Wild Chamber arrives at the right time, but it is an evergreen package – eight songs to slot into different situations, to speak to different moods, yet come from the same heart. A mini-LP that captures dawn mist, reflecting-pool shimmer, and occasional flashes of brilliant blue light. Swells of bass sag and yawn, time signatures switch up and break down, drums stutter and charge, and gossamer melodic trails are traced like ice skates atop a thawing lake. Innumerable shards of ideas are present, yet the music is airy and uncluttered. Wild Chamber is upsammy at her most pure, sketching sonic miniatures with a precise eye and an inquisitive ear quite unlike anyone else’s right now.

For vinyl: fanlink.to/wildchamber

credits

released May 13, 2019 

Artwork by Sjoerd Martens & Thessa Torsing. 
Music by Thessa Torsing.

a4167174471_10.jpg

Yeah this is great. Got that 90s Warp vibe but with more up2date production. Which is usually what I hate/am underwhelmed by with BWE or Bjarki etc. For some reason this works, for me.

2 hours ago, hello spiral said:

Yeah this is great. Got that 90s Warp vibe but with more up2date production. Which is usually what I hate/am underwhelmed by with BWE or Bjarki etc. For some reason this works, for me.

Well I got news for you...

...BWE is Upsammy.

Yeah, sounds lovely. Quite enjoyed the split she did on whities as well. Hope I can grab this at my local disc shanty before it sells out.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/17/2019 at 11:17 AM, andrd said:

I really enjoyed this..  I have a feeling it'll get a lot of replay from over the summer.

It looks like she also has another EP on the way: https://dieorakel.bandcamp.com/album/upsammy-branches-on-ice

This is out today! Vinyl is available at redeye, other shops too likely. 

Archived