IGNORED

General opinion regarding move of ten ?

d-a-m-o

Was browsing a bunch of old move of  ten related threads, and basically, at the time, it was not super popular. What about now ? 9 years later do you like this ep ? 

it's okay. most tracks are pretty good but there's no center to the release, no flow or narrative or whatever. also no real stand out tracks, so it sorta just feels like a mishmash of leftovers. which is okay, but just illustrates (to me, all of this is opinion obv) how important having some direction and 'key' tracks are when shaping any release.

8 minutes ago, auxien said:

it's okay. most tracks are pretty good but there's no center to the release, no flow or narrative or whatever. also no real stand out tracks, so it sorta just feels like a mishmash of leftovers. which is okay, but just illustrates (to me, all of this is opinion obv) how important having some direction and 'key' tracks are when shaping any release.

nah, you're wrong

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

You could say the same thing about EP7. It's a collection of tracks, hence it being an EP.

I was one of the unbelievers (since converted) when Oversteps dropped so I was *so* relieved when MoT appeared and became my REAL new ae album

hnnnnnng

Love it.

To think that it's just an EP, and is of higher quality than most full lengths of their contemporaries, is just insane. 

Iris Was A Pupil is one of the most unique tracks in their whole discography, love it so much.

44 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

You could say the same thing about EP7. It's a collection of tracks, hence it being an EP.

hnnnnnng

exactly. nothing wrong with 'leftover' EPs like those (Quadrange would fall into this camp too) but I prefer their focused tight EPs. just makes for a better listening experience (again imo obv)

only track on MOT that makes me hnnnnnng might be Cep puiqMX. that bonus track is always tasty when i'm reminded of it (thanks)

Rew is my fav of that release. 

Didn't think there was much hate for mot in the past. To me personally, the releases from that period blend together. Couldn't tell Rew was from Oversteps or mot. Guess this might be part of why mot doesnt get the recognition it deserves. It's a good release.

• Like 1

I fall in the mixed-bag camp on this one.  It definitely has its standout moments but it is a bit scattershot on the whole.  My favorite bits> etchogon knife sharpening,  the woody sounds in iris and elmo, and the fact that this video exists:

Spoiler

but it also has some of my least favorite tracks theyve released in pce and rew

18 minutes ago, sheatheman said:

M62 is one of my favorite autechre tracks ever.

yeah that's a good'er, maybe my fav off MoT but it's hard to choose.

I got back into it heavily around the time of their Australian tour last year (has been in regular rotation ever since). Wrote this at the time:

"ylm0
nth Dafuseder.b
y7
rew(1)
iris was a pupil
M62
no border
Cep puiqMX
pce freeze 2.8i
Etchogon-S

This has aged marvelously, one of the quiet classics in their catalogue. All banger, no filler. Like a live sequence of variations cut from the same cloth: a demure Japanese lady who lets loose on summer evenings and busts a groove.

The only two times I ever got pulled over on the road by police were during p[oli]ce freeze, spookily setting this on the outer of rotation for a few years. Live and NTS wrestled this back into my arms, helped me to understand it as more than just a cool EP. On release I slightly preferred this to Oversteps (appreciating the latter more fully in subsequent years). nth Dafuseder.b was one of my jams of 2010, although nowadays I've fallen for the enchantments of y7 & ylm0. There isn't a dud track to be found.

This might have been the first CD I ordered online from overseas. I had just moved into my own apartment in a new city, back-pay took months to catch up with my promotion so I was eating very cheaply, then my income updated and this arrived in the mail!"

Edited by Roo

7 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

I'm really into the first 4 tracks and the last tracks.

Not a fan of that Boc track that recycles the drum break from Oversteps 

O yeah, nth Dafuseder.b recycles percussion from d-sho qub.

And Cep pwueqkhmax or whatever has that drum pattern randomization from Nuane - the last track on Chiastic Slide, as well as Rae on LP5

51 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

I'm really into the first 4 tracks and the last tracks.

Not a fan of that Boc track that recycles the drum break from Oversteps 

Pretty much my take of it too. Good starter and ending, but the middle tracks are just kind of *there*.

Oddly I've been playing MOT and EP7 a bit the last few weeks (agree that they are similar in concept). MOT is okay I don't exactly punch the air with delight when it's playing but it's enjoyable to listen to from time to time.

I guess We all know AE can blow this out the water with a blink of an eye (or a flick of a few switches).

Edited by beer badger