IGNORED

What do you do when you’re really low?

jules

I mean, like just scraping the muck at the bottom. How do you get back up when food sucks and music sucks and the sun sucks and the moon sucks and people suck and work sucks and literally everything is just straight shit. What do you do watmm?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just depends on the root cause of why you are depressed. If there are circumstances making you depressed, you have to face them otherwise they will keep giving you anxiety indefinitely or until they go away on your own. Subtle anxiety about something or work or whatever can be pretty bad without you realizing how bad it is until it's no longer a factor. Then a wave of relief, then it's back to your normal personality or mood or whatever.

If you are one of those unlucky people who can get depressed for no understandable reason then IDK if the above will work. I occasionally have depression issues from life. Though I do know someone who has major bouts of depression for no apparent reason. It just comes and goes.

food, exercise, watch Joker featuring academy award winning actor Jooaqween Phawhonix.

edit: i too wallow in it some. embrace the big sad through sad films, sad tunes, comfort foods. then when the fog lifts get some exercise. 

2 hours ago, jules said:

I mean, like just scraping the muck at the bottom. How do you get back up when food sucks and music sucks and the sun sucks and the moon sucks and people suck and work sucks and literally everything is just straight shit. What do you do watmm?

truthfully? Drink excessively.

Can't believe no one's mentioned masturbating furiously yet.  Seems like a no brainer.

*you can combine this with almost all of the other suggestions.  Ride a bike while masturbating furiously, browse watmm while masturbating furiously, ruin your relationships while masturbating furiously, drink excessively while masturbating furiously, watch Joker while masturbating furiously.  So many possibilities.

Therapy helps. I’m a big fan. I’m currently in therapy and can say that it may have saved my life.

I know that many people (especially in the midwest) view therapy as a sign of weakness or failure or some major embarrassment because they are afraid it means that they are mentally ill or something. Those people often have too much pride and feel that only they can solve all of their own problems. Maybe they see someone once and feel they took care of their problem. 
But... Mental health is REALLY important. 

If you are sick, you see a doctor. If you have a toothache, you see a dentist. Mental health and depression should be viewed no differently. 

Let me say, I’m by no means “cured” of my problems. My progress has mostly been made on not spiraling out and attacking myself and on letting myself be aware of good thoughts & feelings and to feel joy.

I’m truly grateful for my therapist.

Good on you man, seriously. I wish I had the courage to take that leap and get help for my mental health issues. It has nothing to do with how others see me tbh, more how I think of myself. I'm a mess. ;o

2 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Good on you man, seriously. I wish I had the courage to take that leap and get help for my mental health issues. It has nothing to do with how others see me tbh, more how I think of myself. I'm a mess. ;o

You can do it. It’s really not that big of a deal. You just go sit on a couch and talk to someone who is invested about your thoughts and feelings. Pretty easy. 
it took me a long time to figure that out. 

If you are worried about costs, lots of places either take insurance or work on sliding scales. Mine is $15/wk. 

Hmm, yeah you’re right. That’s such a simple but honest way of looking at it. What should I care what a stranger thinks of my issues tbh? 

Sit on couch, talk, get advice from professional...

Just bring yourself into a mental state of total sadness and then watch something very sad or reenact something very sad in your mind, walk up and down your apartment like a mad man and think about all that is wrong in your life and spiral your mind forcefully down into total hopelessness, till you finally have that breakdown that you need right now. Then fall to the ground and burst into tears, let it all out for an hour or two. Your chest will be heavy for up to 2 days possibly, but then you will finally notice that you on the path of recovery. Work out, meditate, or if needed repeat the breakdown therapy.

This also shows you where your limits are and what you should change in your life. Follow the path of tears.

Archived