IGNORED

New Album (x2) announced (ish)

perunamuusi

On 4/5/2020 at 9:26 AM, d-a-m-o said:

this.

And for what I've understand it's not long jam ala elseq or NTS, more produced/edited/polished 

well i'm planning on claiming that it's all unedited jams for the next five years regardless

2 hours ago, Friendly Stranger said:

Any time I need to have a self talk about my BoC fanboi-ism and how I really need to pump the brakes, Autechre will put out some music and the hardcore Ae heads absolutely lose their shit, reminding me that actually I'm not that insane.

I'm here for it.

thing is, Autechre actually delivers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Burger 4

43 minutes ago, diatoms said:

What if I told You that the AE Store you know is just an illusion:)

I had a hunch you'd say something along those lines.

:aphexsign:

On 4/5/2020 at 6:26 PM, jaderpansen said:

https://i.ibb.co/jTqtqpH/2345.jpg

Hah I was wondering if anyone here would screencap that. Was gonna be all "look at the news my reply got" but then Warp ruined it all with the tweet anyway.

55 minutes ago, purlieu said:

Hah I was wondering if anyone here would screencap that. Was gonna be all "look at the news my reply got" but then Warp ruined it all with the tweet anyway.

haha Warp is probably perpetually trying to stay in front of DR leaking AE release deets

1 hour ago, cern said:

What price range are we talking about you think? 

The previous live stuff was fairly cheap. The studio releases tend to cost a bit more.

The initial 4 in 2015 cost $12.50 USD in bulk, with discount to $1-1.50 for each individual set purchase after the first. As a new release, I expect that the 1st set you buy (whether individual or in bulk) will be minimum $5 USD. There is recognition that these are a bit like remixes, but it ensures those who just want to cherry pick the set they attended and ignore the rest still fork out something reasonable.

For comparison sake, Pearl Jam (which has a comparable die-hard fanbase) charge $10 minimum for their 21st century bootlegs.

Edited by Roo
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Roo said:

For comparison sake, Pearl Jam (which has a comparable die-hard fanbase) 

: (

every time I read something like this I’m reminded how something like Cardi B prob has more fans and sales than all of our favorite artists combined.

And then I drink. 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

The difference being that Pearl Jam are still a bit casual-accessible in that they provide a marquee bucket-list treat-your-parent kind of live event, whereas Ae is exclusively for the freaks r us who don't mind pitch black and ear fckery.

Edited by Roo
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

: (

every time I read something like this I’m reminded how something like Cardi B prob has more fans and sales than all of our favorite artists combined.

And then I drink. 

Could be worse. James Blunt's Back to Bedlam was the best-selling album of the 2000s in the UK & Ireland.

And whilst we remember the early 90s fondly, for 2/3s of 1992 the top album on the Billboard 200 was by Garth Brooks or Billy Ray Cyrus...

Edited by Roo
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Heh... wait - you’d take cardi B over Garth brooks? 

I don't really understand the controversy there. Would be like splitting hairs.

I tend to be okay with female rappers though. Even the annoyingly big ones with sucky albums still have a few bangers in them, whilst there are scores of decent ones going back to the 80s. North America tends to overplay and then overhate.

Edited by Roo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cern said:

So Onesix is only their "New" Live recordings? Nothing from the studio? 

Correct - as in newly released live recordings from 16'. The 2x new albums are not scheduled for release (as far as we know). Apparently ready to be released late 2020 but now with covid19 etc etc they aren't sure.

• Thanks 2