IGNORED

Israeli-Palestinian conflict

zlemflolia

35 minutes ago, marf said:

I support Israel and Palestine. The neighboring countries could do a lot to help Palestine be independent. Why aren't they already? Something tells me they want it that way.

Two state is a fine but Israel, the US and various other governments refuse to recognize Palestine. Palestinian struggles were def worst in Jordan at one point and they were also forced out of Kuwait but I'm not sure if you are referring to that.

36 minutes ago, marf said:

Israel was created cause people like killing Jews. WW2 was the last straw. The ultimate pogram. So blame the Germans if you hate Israel and blame the other ridiculous tribal countries watching these two go at it for no reason.

This is so wildly lacking of so many other factors I can't waste time elaborating beyond 1. Europe was by and large extremely anti-Semitic before the war. 2. Zionism predates WW2. 3. Israeli founders technically fought the British more than anyone else during the Mandate and the conflict there in general predates and in many cases was going on completely independently of what was occurring under the Third Reich.

5 minutes ago, Himelstein said:

Here’s a picture my cousins took of the rockets. They live in Ashkalon.

581EC845-1AF0-4C80-A737-5DE9685BF9DD.jpeg

That's gnarly, looks like something out of a film with the lens flare. I sincerely hope they stay out of harm's way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, joshuatxuk said:

Two state is a fine but Israel, the US and various other governments refuse to recognize Palestine. Palestinian struggles were def worst in Jordan at one point and they were also forced out of Kuwait but I'm not sure if you are referring to that.

This is so wildly lacking of so many other factors I can't waste time elaborating beyond 1. Europe was by and large extremely anti-Semitic before the war. 2. Zionism predates WW2. 3. Israeli founders technically fought the British more than anyone else during the Mandate and the conflict there in general predates and in many cases was going on completely independently of what was occurring under the Third Reich.

That's gnarly, looks like something out of a film with the lens flare. I sincerely hope they stay out of harm's way.

They relocated temporarily to Haifa. I have family there, too, and in Tel Aviv. I wish I could show you guys the video they sent me, it’s pretty scary.

4 minutes ago, joshuatxuk said:

I'm pretty sure I was introduced to him via WATMM

Norman Finkelstein is awesome. I was fortunate enough to go see him speak live at university, crowd wasn't anywhere near as raucous as this one, but it was still a very informative and interesting discussion.

If this was two countries in South America no one would give a shit. It's only cause Jews are involved .  You can pretend to care so much, but it's funny how blood boiled people get. What about all the killings in Africa. All the tribes and terrorists down there. Never hear a word about it from fucking bleeding hearts. You are an anti semite. Face it. If you want to be a true accepted hipster you'll disagree with me. of course. Im a little biased as I as tortured in high school just for being friends with Jews. Sit is surprising how many anti semites there really are. Scoff if you like. 

Edited by marf
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 6

1 hour ago, Himelstein said:

I wish I could show you guys the video they sent me, it’s pretty scary.

All wars are scary for people on the ground.

I hear the "if you'd live in Israel you'd understand" argument thrown out a lot and it's absolute bullshit. If you'd live in South Lebanon, you'd understand Hezbollah. So?

3 hours ago, marf said:

I support Israel and Palestine. The neighboring countries could do a lot to help Palestine be independent. Why aren't they already? Something tells me they want it that way.

Israel was created cause people like killing Jews. WW2 was the last straw. The ultimate pogram. So blame the Germans if you hate Israel and blame the other ridiculous tribal countries watching these two go at it for no reason.

6 minutes ago, marf said:

If this was two countries in South America no one would give a shit. It's only cause Jews are involved .  You can pretend to care so much, but it's funny how blood boiled people get. What about all the killings in Africa. All the tribes and terrorists down there. Never hear a word about it from fucking bleeding hearts. You are an anti semite. Face it. If you want to be a true accepted hipster you'll disagree with me. of course. Im a little biased as I as tortured in high school just for being friends with Jews. Sit is surprising how many anti semites there really are. Scoff if you like. 

You probably have a better grasp on the situation than the UN secretary general to be fair

33 minutes ago, marf said:

i respect people with a good heart, not a bunch of religious wackos acting like nazis! what happened to you shall not kill and you shall not steal?

Guess that makes me anti semite? lol i couldn't give 2 flying fucks

and i don't wanna fight with anyone on watmm, love you all ✌️

Edited by Ivan Ooze

My comment still holds up. Im not some right wing asshole. I can just see the outline of the anger involved here, by looking at the negative photo. The things people don't look at. Or talk about. Such heated anger here, over so many other atrocities this one seems to be the favorite. Palestine should be living well, but all the countries in that region want them to be in pain. They are used as pawns, but I digress.

• Like 2

v2fy31us2wy61.jpg

55 minutes ago, marf said:

what is this trash.  opposing active colonization and oppression of palestinian people is anti-semitism? no.  it's anti-semitism to pretend like israel represents all jewish people or is jewish in any way.  it's a fascist ethnostate, and fuck all fascists, even previous victims of fascism

Edited by cyanobacteria
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, marf said:

grew up in miami. had countless jewish friends, girl friends, life long friends some of them. some more orthodox than others. i attended the mitzvahs.. have friends who did a semester abroad in israel while living kibbutz etc. i have no trouble saying that israel is fucked up.  some of my jewish friends agree and over the years they've shared their thoughts about it. the complexities are evident but the bottom line is it's fucked up. yes, the hardliners and extremists sandwich the people and cause them to suffer.. there are differing agendas on all sides and they're often counter productive. this doesn't excuse kicking people out of their homes and snipers aiming for knees and lower legs with devastating accuracy and high caliber rounds and police aiming for face and eyes of kids with rubber bullets and on and on. 

israel is going to defend itself when 100s of rockets are flying at them. is hamas a bunch of dicks.. yeah.. probably mostly.. do they also feed people and provide aid? yeah.. some.. could all this shit be worked out better if all the hardliners went and took a fucking powder already. of course. are there decades of fucked up stuff happening to palestinians? yes. absolutely. there's a rule where if israel can prove that some bit of land was inhabited by jews then they can claim that land even if there's a house on it and a person living in the house. so, the loophole, fine print type shit that israel does is they tunnel under neighborhoods and have archaeologists find ruins that are jewish then they map it out.. go up and if there's someone living there they have to leave. they've been doing this kind of shit for a long time w/full power of the state behind them, documents, courts etc..  let's not even get into the drinking water situation and desalination and how palestine is being left out of that. these people are refugees in their own lands. 

it's fucked up regardless how this all started.. it's a bullshit lunch. 

sometimes i think it's a shame that during WW2 that every religious shrine of every religion in the region wasn't flattened to dust. maybe they'd have all bonded in suffering of the loss. but i guess everyone lost too much anyways and there was no bonding over that. 

that being said.. i think it's a crime that people were dispossessed of their lives, homes, way of life and forced to leave all they knew.  it was irrational but that's expected.. no one was going to be rational in the aftermath of a holocaust.  so in a perfect world where everyone gives a little and treats each other as family they'd have figured out how to share that dusty place so people could live in peace. 

idk wtf i'm talking about but i think it's nuts to say that people don't care about other places where atrocities are happening.  there's only so much any one person can track and geographically, historically there are places that are closer/more relevant culturally to USA and that changes in the states as well. 

• Like 8

israeli jews vs israeli arabs inside israel fighting each other in mob riot type events. super sad on top of super sad. 

happy end of ramadan celebration

7 hours ago, cyanobacteria said:

v2fy31us2wy61.jpg

Weird how the person on the ground under the Israeli soldier's boot it says "Lebanon" in Korean. Point still holds, just an odd choice by the cartoonist.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

those zionist terrorists make me sick, they are worse then the nazis

fucking disgusting comment.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, marf said:

My comment still holds up. Im not some right wing asshole. I can just see the outline of the anger involved here, by looking at the negative photo. The things people don't look at. Or talk about. Such heated anger here, over so many other atrocities this one seems to be the favorite. Palestine should be living well, but all the countries in that region want them to be in pain. They are used as pawns, but I digress.

I was think your comment about Palestine being happily ignored by its Muslim neighbours and wanting them to be in pain is correct. 

Hey, it's Abby, just talking to some nice people.

• Sad 2