IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

On 9/17/2020 at 3:46 PM, very honest said:

hm, interesting. frequency is derived from amplitude. audio data is only 2 dimensions: time and amplitude. frequency is a result of change in amplitude. 

the changing amplitude values move the woofer, writing the information to the air as changes in pressure, which move out from the woofer in a sequence. 

the pressure changes are interpretted by the ear, which measures the sequence of changes in pressure.

so, if i'm getting this right, the nervous system receives the data in it's derived state: frequency, because the ear measures change in pressure, which is change in amplitude, which is frequency.

just realized that the mind and computers operate at different levels of sound. you're right though, the mind operates with the basic dimension of frequency (and time).

• Haha 1

I skipped out of this thread on page 4 or something like that, is it all Twoism level garbage or was anything good posted.

I mean, it's 45 pages and the album isn't out for a while, what the hell watem

Edited by Quiet penis
  • Like 1

I really should stfu, I'm celebrating 13.000 posts and nothing of real value added. Sorry everyone.

Do continue!

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 2
  • Burger 2

32 minutes ago, Quiet penis said:

I really should stfu, I'm celebrating 13.000 posts and nothing of real value added. Sorry everyone.

Do continue!

this was your best post so far!!!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3