• 3 weeks later...

yeah I got the notification too. shame we didn't get it early (I know Amazon are usually able to send out a bit early) but it'll be nice to have it tomorrow on time!

btw: just to add extra lynchy excitement: criterion will be releasing eraserhead bluray+dvd in september

my dick

myyyy dick yeha

my dick

my dick my dick

yeah my dick

my dick my dick

my dick my dick

my dick my dick

my dick my dick

dick my dick

and isn't it my dick?

it's my dick.

It's my dick! on my dick my dick

mr my dick my dick

was afraid my dick

Edited by baph

Aye FWWM (sorry, was replying to Hoodie), check the audio section here - http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7601/twinpeaks-fwwm_uk.html

The biggest audio glitch (just over the 2hour mark) happens at a very noticeable point too

just checked this...

it's fixed in this box set!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas !

*snaps FWWM blu ray*

*realises I need to buy the boxset first*

*breaks down leland palmer style*

BTW regarding BluRay in VLC - This wont work with every blu ray (they are quite old keys), but this helped me play quite a few of my collection on this laptop: http://vlc-bluray.whoknowsmy.name/ (oddly I only managed to get it to work by getting the 64 bit version of VLC and the keys). I recently bit the bullet and bought Nero 2014 which includes a bloody ace BluRay player that seems far less obtrusive than other players out there.

Aye FWWM (sorry, was replying to Hoodie), check the audio section here - http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7601/twinpeaks-fwwm_uk.html

The biggest audio glitch (just over the 2hour mark) happens at a very noticeable point too

just checked this...

it's fixed in this box set!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas !

*snaps FWWM blu ray*

*realises I need to buy the boxset first*

*breaks down leland palmer style*

BTW regarding BluRay in VLC - This wont work with every blu ray (they are quite old keys), but this helped me play quite a few of my collection on this laptop: http://vlc-bluray.whoknowsmy.name/ (oddly I only managed to get it to work by getting the 64 bit version of VLC and the keys). I recently bit the bullet and bought Nero 2014 which includes a bloody ace BluRay player that seems far less obtrusive than other players out there.

Leland breakdowns are the best.

I've already tried using that 'fix', with both the 32bit and 64bit versions of VLC. Still no dice.

Only way I can get it to work with VLC is if I use AnyDVD HD to remove the copy protection, and even then VLC doesn't support menus so it's a bit useless.

I managed to get it working though with other software........arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Edited by oscillik

Aye, it's an absolute pain huh - for something that's meant to be the new medium can't believe how many hooops you seem to have to jump through to make a legitimate purchase work on your machine. I did have Power DVD(a preinstalled OEM version with the lappy) but that seemed to be the only casualty in the Win7->8 upgrade, and unfortunately my VLC key database is so old that any BluRay released in the last couple of years wouldn't play so as mentioned had to buy another bit of software.

Aye, it's an absolute pain huh - for something that's meant to be the new medium can't believe how many hooops you seem to have to jump through to make a legitimate purchase work on your machine. I did have Power DVD(a preinstalled OEM version with the lappy) but that seemed to be the only casualty in the Win7->8 upgrade, and unfortunately my VLC key database is so old that any BluRay released in the last couple of years wouldn't play so as mentioned had to buy another bit of software.

buying this boxset has just reinforced my stance on pirating though...

on each disc, before you even get to the menu to select the episode or special feature you want to view, you have to sit through literally 5 mins of bullshit CBS logos, DTS logos, copyright notices, etc. every. fucking. disc.

I'll say it now - the only reason I bought this boxset is because I am too impatient to wait for a good quality torrent. maybe one day the studios will learn.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

buying this boxset has just reinforced my stance on pirating though...

on each disc, before you even get to the menu to select the episode or special feature you want to view, you have to sit through literally 5 mins of bullshit CBS logos, DTS logos, copyright notices, etc. every. fucking. disc.

Really depressing to hear this. Absolutely crazy the way all this anti piracy rhetoric basically only serves to alienate the real fans and consumers of legitimate products. Will not be buying this. Was almost sold seeing the lushness of the pics above too

That's hugely disappointing to read. The Gold Box edition I have doesn't have any of that shit.

I have the gold box. I cancelled my pre-order for this blur-ray box a while back to wait and see what reactions were like.

Has anyone watched the FWWM extended scenes yet?

And are all the extras worth me forking out for this?

Guest jasondonervan

Has anyone watched the FWWM extended scenes yet?

And are all the extras worth me forking out for this?

Not yet, planning to later.

I'll let you know on the extras when I get round to them.

That's hugely disappointing to read. The Gold Box edition I have doesn't have any of that shit.

I have The Gold Box edition. I even went to the trouble of importing it from Australia because, at the time, it was the only way to get a UK region version (it wasn't sold in the UK at first). I know, it doesn't have any of that crap.

But it's all over this box set.

the fwwm extras are amazing,

is there no way of skipping to the main menu at all on each disc? poor show if not

fave scenes are the fight scene with the sherriff, and laura on the stairs with the fan,funny and terrifying,gonna be having strange dreams again...

Edited by sunshine recorder