So it will be like welcome to Twin Peaks, 30 years later, where everyone is weird and old, even the director of the show? hehe. I will watch it for sure, being a long time Lynch fan, but honestly, I would have preferred Lynch to start a new TV show by now, but I guess he has run out of ideas. It's either that or he's had a great vision to bring Twin Peaks into the 21st century. Could be his last project, considering his age. As long as he doesn't go for a prequel series to follow teenagers Dale Cooper and Windom Earle in high school, it should be interesting. :biggrin:

Edited by MassfreeKid

Of course, this left many fans longing to see those scenes within their original context. But it didn’t take long for fan editor Q2, who previously made an epic five hour cut of the entire show called Northwest Passage, to step up and accept the challenge to produce a version of the film that was as close to the shooting script as possible, which turned out to be “definitely more challenging than anticipated“, as he told Welcome to Twin Peaks. “I didn’t expect the musical cues between theatrical scene and extended scene to be this troublesome.

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-missing-pieces-fanedit/

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

Guest jasondonervan

I haven't watched it yet, but that fan edit is available if you dig around.

Edited by jasondonervan

So it will be like welcome to Twin Peaks, 30 years later, where everyone is weird and old, even the director of the show? hehe. I will watch it for sure, being a long time Lynch fan, but honestly, I would have preferred Lynch to start a new TV show by now, but I guess he has run out of ideas. It's either that or he's had a great vision to bring Twin Peaks into the 21st century. Could be his last project, considering his age. As long as he doesn't go for a prequel series to follow teenagers Dale Cooper and Windom Earle in high school, it should be interesting. :biggrin:

i haven't seen a bad lynch project yet (dune doesn't count, the studio fucked the movie up). highly anticipating new twin peaks.

that's cause the first episode is a pilot... i think you should definitely watch it, because i think it's one of the best television shows ever made. but i can't say whether or not you'll like it.

by the way, for everyone complaining about the cheesiness: lynch is definitely playing it up. the way i see it, the people in like 99% of soap opera plot lines would have to be pretty dumb to allow the events surrounding them to take place. in twin peaks, the cheesy, unbelievable soap opera moments contrast with the serious, brutal investigation of laura palmer's killer to show how unreal and fantasy-like soap operas are. i think david lynch likes the idea of a soap opera format that follows the lives of characters and how they weave around each other (which is basically what we see in twin peaks), but he wanted to criticize the laziness of the average show that uses this format.

so whenever you see an extreme close up and twinkling eyes, it's ok to laugh.

i totally agree with you, although i'm wondering whether it was showtime that approached him with the offer because i know he was very sour about working in television again after abc pulled mulholland drive from happening.

I had to buy the gold box and watch the show a second time, without any distractions to really enjoy it. Seemed a lot funnier, more clever, and the plot made more sense. I also actually enjoyed the cheese as the horrific events were kind of a darkly humorous disruption to the Leave It To Beaver land the town first appears to be. It was only then that I could really join the party of TWIN PEAKS.

Guest bitroast

http://tvline.com/2014/10/06/twin-peaks-showtime-cast-new-episodes-spoilers/

a lot of this is just frost replying with a vague "i can't answer that". but it sounds like they initiated the idea reading this interview.

with lynch directing every episode, this is something im pretty excited about :)

TVLINE | For about two years now, rumors have been circulating about a Twin Peaks revival being in the works. How long have you and David been formulating this?
David and I stayed in touch and remained closed friends throughout all these years. It was about three years ago this summer we were having lunch at [famed Hollywood eatery] Musso & Frank, where we often used to go. And we were just kicking stuff around and we started getting some ideas in our heads about Twin Peaks. Suddenly, it felt like a place we wanted to visit again. And that was the kickoff.

that's cause the first episode is a pilot... i think you should definitely watch it, because i think it's one of the best television shows ever made. but i can't say whether or not you'll like it.

by the way, for everyone complaining about the cheesiness: lynch is definitely playing it up. the way i see it, the people in like 99% of soap opera plot lines would have to be pretty dumb to allow the events surrounding them to take place. in twin peaks, the cheesy, unbelievable soap opera moments contrast with the serious, brutal investigation of laura palmer's killer to show how unreal and fantasy-like soap operas are. i think david lynch likes the idea of a soap opera format that follows the lives of characters and how they weave around each other (which is basically what we see in twin peaks), but he wanted to criticize the laziness of the average show that uses this format.

so whenever you see an extreme close up and twinkling eyes, it's ok to laugh.

QFT - a very nice explanation of why the cheese here is both intentional and also serves as a great counterpoint to the more brutal/serious/vicious aspects. . .

2014 has become, like, the best year for sudden bombshells of awesome out of nowhere for things that it seems like they would never happen: No Aphex Twin for 13 years? BAM HERE'S AN ALBUM. Oh, wait, your favorite show of all time is coming back after 25 years? HOLY BONERFEST!!!

Prediction: It will be revealed that science succesfully cloned a human being. . . . 18 years ago. That clone? Michael Jordan, who will be suiting up next week for his first game where, incidentally, he will also be hand delivering a free copy of Dr. Dre's DETOX to all fans in attendance. . . .

Mark Frost was cryptic as expected in that interview, so I'll take some wild flailing guesses about content:

- some old cast and some new cast will be present.

- the plot will center around Dale Cooper, at least initially.

- there will be flashbacks to the previous seasons using footage that didn't air originally.

Wait, are we going to speculate about what will be in the new series!? That's like guessing what the next Lynch movie will be about. Pure madness. Even the actors don't know what they're going to do when they arrive on the set. How the hell would we know?

Good luck with speculating. If you're right on any point, I'd be truly disappointed in Lynch!