watching fire walk with me, I fucking loved this song.

I loved how loud and heavy it is in the film, with some country pub band looking band in the corner playing it casually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxlGtcW1Qg8

my god.

great song but the video credits it wrong! it's by lynch himself, not badalamenti.

one thing i've been wishing for for a very long time is some kind of release of the creepy ambient noises in the background of most of the film, you know the weird reversed orchestral music

Guest jasondonervan

6808581d5810320f96a8f1633ba06d55.jpg

The show was first broadcast in April 1990 (US). Imagine if something were to materialise next April!

I guess my tolerance for cheese is just not high. I mean the whole show looks and sounds like some soap opera my grandmother would watch. And I've always wondered if the cheese is intentional or not.

But I can see why people would like it, because it has its moments (obviously the very Lynch kind of moments), but it's just not my cup of tea (or coffee) I guess.

I see the cheese both as satire and an ode to 60's television culture. Kind of like a proto Mad Men. It takes a certain context and perspective to appreciate, I guess.

The satire is mostly a mirror reflecting how silly people can be, imo. And I mean real world people. Not the fake stylised characters you often see in the media.

one thing i've been wishing for for a very long time is some kind of release of the creepy ambient noises in the background of most of the film, you know the weird reversed orchestral music

don't know if you already know about this, if not, you're in for a treat!

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/music/twin-peaks-archive-david-lynch/

iWoAzTu3Zaime.jpg

o___________________________O

Second best news I've had today

b920e5f2183dbde7b730d3d6f7960f83.jpg

“When two separate events occur simultaneously pertaining to the same object of inquiry we must always pay strict attention!”

—Special Agent Dale Cooper

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

don't know if you already know about this, if not, you're in for a treat!

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/music/twin-peaks-archive-david-lynch/

oh shit! thank you!

Twin Peaks fans’ quarter-century wait is over. One of the top cult series of all time is coming back with a new limited series on Showtime from its original creators, David Lynch and Mark Frost. I’ve learned that the nine-episode series will go into production in 2015 for a premiere in 2016 to mark the 25th anniversary of when the series finished its run on ABC. In a fact that will delight Twin Peaks devotees, Lynch and Frost will write and produce all nine episodes, with Lynch set to direct every episode.

http://deadline.com/2014/10/twin-peaks-series-showtime-david-lynch-mark-frost-845804/

Guest jasondonervan

I wonder how many people haven't actually lived long enough to watch season 3

Feel bad for all those who appear in 'Celebrity Deaths: 2015 Edition' thread

I wonder how many people haven't actually lived long enough to watch season 3

... ueh...you shouldn't. I mean, how DEPRESSING is that!? WTF NOOOOOO