IGNORED

June 2014 - "New Shit Is Imminent" - Richard D. James

Joyrex

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but but, aphex throws something into the crowd. it's amazon. the health and safety implications alone of the flying object falling into an inattentive and inebriated crowd. pheh. Of course he could have just used the video and edited elevator music over the top. the girl from ipanema finds a new home.

A bit like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_w0iN_xG0U

haha yeah, nice.

but but, aphex throws something into the crowd. it's amazon. the health and safety implications alone of the flying object falling into an inattentive and inebriated crowd. pheh. Of course he could have just used the video and edited elevator music over the top. the girl from ipanema finds a new home.

A bit like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_w0iN_xG0U

Nice avatar; I think I went insane when I saw that set in the booklets with the little golden star indicating NEW SET.

well that and the glorious futuron vs blacktron fights they had set up in those scenes...

..oh wait, sorry, what is this thread about? RDJ talking about his imminent new legos?

Brisbot- Okay, good breakcore, is this. Kind of shit breakcore (not from mid-2000's but still makes the same points), this. Former is using rhythmic flow to drive the narrative; guiding the listening fast-forward and then slowing down and vacuuming into narrative points, etc. Advanced techniques include juxtaposing slow vocal samples over non-synced faster points. Latter is using superficial cliches of breakcore ("hardcore" and speed), to get across a non-interesting narrative; seeming-complexity with no forward flow. When it comes to good vs bad breakcore (or any genre, for that matter), it's basically that the Good are using style to get across narrative; the Bad are using perceived superficial style in and of itself, thinking that style alone will result in narrative. If it weren't for Snares' classical styled breakcore, we might still be at a point where breakcore was in the box of its hardcore/punk origins.

BCM- Sorry, mang-- I use ze "z"s sincerely to make a point. It is important to me. But if it really offends you, I am sorry. I wish it didn't have to be that way.....

i don't agree that snares alone helped grow up breakcore. He was just doing his thing. Many people were doing their drill and bass thing, which strayed in and out of what would be called breakcore. The problem was that a few of the more technical people jumped on the dubstep bandwagon and all that development in lovely fast beat music came to an end. My theory is that it was because it was better compensation for time spent, what would have been 30 seconds of a drill and bass song would be 3 minutes of dubstep. Plus maybe their brains just wanted something slow for a change i don't know. I still prefer the fast stuff but most breakcore is and has been pretty low quality amateur hour tracker crap and not much true drill and bass gets done anymore.

nwae, the point was get your tongue out of snares' hairy arse.

Sorry- I didn't state that Venetian Snares was alone responsible for maturation of breakcore (nor do I believe that!). When I wrote "If it weren't for Snares' classical styled breakcore, we might still be at a point where breakcore was in the box of its hardcore/punk origins.", I was actually referring to him using classical music- orchestral type- style. FUCK- my Engrish got fucked! But the classical music slant, I do believe he helped with. I also believe that he was an inspiration with regards to being prolific + quality. He also made popular non-4/4 hardcore. But of course tons of people were responsible for breakcore. Obviously, Atari Teenage Riot are the macdaddy grandfathers, plus all "drill n bass" IDMsters, Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, Mike Paradino, etc. That, plus the glitch scene brought a lot to the sonic palette and rhythmic complexity.

But fuck it, myaaaaan..... ITZ ALLZ MUZIZKZ MZAZNZ~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peak at 2006 or whatever, but the beginning of modern breakcore-vibe was coming out in 2000~2002, though. (I remember this from my own tracks, thinking I was onto some next-level shit.)

Yeah I pretty much haven't listened to breakcore. Someone showed me music just like this once though:

I thought it was bad. He had it blaring on something. Now I know what it is... bad breakcore that's actually fast hardcore. Heh. I can already see what you mean by cliches. Music without what you call 'narrative' can be pretty boring unless the chosen sounds are good.

Also, I really want to hear a mastered version of that swinging piano bit at the Penderecki concert.

close this thread. it's devolved into a "what breakcore is and isn't" thread.

and, fwiw, if a genre ends in core, it's for idiots

Yeah I pretty much haven't listened to breakcore. Someone showed me music just like this once though:

I thought it was bad. He had it blaring on something. Now I know what it is... bad breakcore that's actually fast hardcore. Heh. I can already see what you mean by cliches. Music without what you call 'narrative' can be pretty boring unless the chosen sounds are good.

Also, I really want to hear a mastered version of that swinging piano bit at the Penderecki concert.

that's... really poopy breakcore

As a collective consciousness of wankers, I think we've actually come across something here: The new Aphex Twin release will be post-dubsteppish, orchestral, sample based nu-breakcore.

...Cuz I was just remembering the good breakcore influence in the akai et al live sample trigger scene, and then I realized, APHEX TWIN WOULD FUCKING KILL THE FUCKING FUCK OUTTA THAT PLUCKY DUCK MUTHAFUCKA.

I think we got it boys/girls (21:79). I think we got it.

NOW I REALLY WANT TO HEAR THIS.

Archived