IGNORED

Thom Yorke - Tomorrow's Modern Boxes

lawrenke

I must say I've not played it as much as I expected to, I played The Eraser to death on release and prefer AMOK to this. I feel the songs aren't as strong or catchy, maybe it needs more plays.

yeah! i listen it a lot of & i love this album. But right, Eraser is ever better than this new album...

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

I must say I've not played it as much as I expected to, I played The Eraser to death on release and prefer AMOK to this. I feel the songs aren't as strong or catchy, maybe it needs more plays.

yeah! i listen it a lot of & i love this album. But right, Eraser is ever better than this new album...

still enjoying this new album. still enjoying the eraser.

new album has made amok sound slightly sketchier and rougher around the edges than it used to for me.

imo imo imo, the eraser > TMB > amok

this is such a classic case of how killer his voice is. when the polyfauna app music was ripped, it was this album in instrumental form. it was cool, but after vocals added, it's fucking gold.

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case I'm not the only person living under a rock, Thom now has a Bandcamp page. There's also a new free download (but I imagine you've all played it to within an inch of its life by now):

http://thomyorke.bandcamp.com/

News to me as well! Perfect! Now I can get my hands on some FLACs without splashing out too excessively. Cheers!

I wasn't quite into this album at first, but I've been listening to it a lot this week, and it has definitely grown on me. The sentiment behind The Mother Lode and Truth Ray are almost exactly what I'm feeling :\

Just in case I'm not the only person living under a rock, Thom now has a Bandcamp page. There's also a new free download (but I imagine you've all played it to within an inch of its life by now):

http://thomyorke.bandcamp.com/

I quite like living under a rock and I haven't even played this album once. I think it will only make me pine for new Radiohead, of which I am in real need of. I'll give it a spin once The Head drop new shit.

i want that physical vinyls but it's so fuckin expensive

• 4 months later...

Archived