Did AE_LIVE replace a new LP?

o00o

Did AE_LIVE replace a new LP?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Did AE_LIVE replace a new LP?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of literally all the artists I've heard, Autechre are the least likely to ever abandon the song structure intro/verse1/chorus1/verse2/chorus2/middle 8/chorus 3/chorus out, in my opinion.

Fixed for lols

Sean, pls create more pop songs!

Yeah there's gotta be some announcement happening soon, I don't think I've ever seen AE do a chunk of live mixes just out of nowhere for no reason. I'd imagine Warp sets up most of those appearances themselves, so Warp is surely not going to waste time and resources on getting them out there without something in conjunction. Maybe a tour announcement? EP? More digital-only live sets (or digital only exclusive tracks Quadrange-style)? Something though. I was honestly expecting an announcement today just after the weekend of it...the British day is nearly over though so maybe later this week we'll hear something.

something is certainly up

tho

mebbe

on the other hand, mebbe they just had a lot of fun with that tour and now Saad just wants to play some obscure tunes on the radio for fun because he feels like it. but, didn't he post very recently just to say that he'd definitely be playing a new set or somesuch on one of the shows.

something is up,

Not to try to scare you, but all those sets were done by Sean. Where is Rob? Divorce is imminent?

Onoes!!!!

lol

Just the last one was billed as Sean, not Autechre though? Or did I misread the information? I mean, we know a lot of Autechre tracks are actually just one or the other, not really the two working together, so one doing a set under the band banner makes perfect sense.

I'd hate to show up at a party and it's so Norman Rockwell, that I ask around for some AE so I can M.C. Escher that shit up, and no one is holding.

I imagine these are hardcore fan only prologues' for an official album. That's why there has been little fanfare or promotion outside of Autechre HQ (watmm).

A more defined version of these sets in album form will likely be one of their greatest lps. Next level IDM designed by the genres greatest and wise grasshoppers

Archived