Jump to content

Autechre - PLUS 20.11.20


Recommended Posts

it looks like I burned this thread and sprinkled the salt on the ashes (to think that I have also refrained from venturing into a reckless discussion about how the rejection of the scientific method in favor of humanism creates taboos) 

:cerious:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm still tweaking a SING/PLUS playlist on the ipod. i think i have a good flow going. interspersed a bunch of the tracks for one long player style list. omitted some tracks though. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking of doing the same, maybe with a few edits on certain tracks. See if it could work as a single LP.

Ever since Elseq I can't seem to resist tinkering with AE releases. Blasphemy I know...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, danshoebridge said:

I was thinking of doing the same, maybe with a few edits on certain tracks. See if it could work as a single LP.

Ever since Elseq I can't seem to resist tinkering with AE releases. Blasphemy I know...

i'd call blasphemy over their older stuff maybe, but with the last ~10 years of releases, it seems too easy and in some cases almost necessary to do this. maybe not the editing tracks (blasphemy! jk) but tracklist > playlist edits is pretty acceptable/normal for everything since Quaristice era, imo. 

i wonder how long before they just start doing singles regularly. was expecting that with their own bleepstore but that seems to be going out now...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, auxien said:

i'd call blasphemy over their older stuff maybe, but with the last ~10 years of releases, it seems too easy and in some cases almost necessary to do this. maybe not the editing tracks (blasphemy! jk) but tracklist > playlist edits is pretty acceptable/normal for everything since Quaristice era, imo. 

i wonder how long before they just start doing singles regularly. was expecting that with their own bleepstore but that seems to be going out now...

totally, Quaristice in particular felt very choose-your-own-adventure: do I want to hear the short Tankakern next or the long one? One Perlence or five Perlences?

With PLUS I haven't tried resequencing anything but I'll admit I often just listen to the run of ecol4 -> lux106mod -> X4 alone because those tracks are so fucking great

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't possibly reorder any autechre release. I think they have always spent a ton of time sequencing things and they are amazing at it. Even their monster DJ mixes are perfect. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jules said:

I couldn't possibly reorder any autechre release. I think they have always spent a ton of time sequencing things and they are amazing at it. Even their monster DJ mixes are perfect. 

yeah, all true no doubt. if anyone had any doubts about this, the NTS series proves otherwise, the way they pieced together and edited hundreds of tracks down into those choice cuts designed to fit exactly in the 2 hour sessions. 

that said, they've obviously done plenty of playlisting/mixes/track editing of their own their entire lives so doing a bit of it too with their stuff only seems fair.  :emotawesomepm9:

24 minutes ago, Boxus said:

totally, Quaristice in particular felt very choose-your-own-adventure: do I want to hear the short Tankakern next or the long one? One Perlence or five Perlences?

With PLUS I haven't tried resequencing anything but I'll admit I often just listen to the run of ecol4 -> lux106mod -> X4 alone because those tracks are so fucking great

yeah! i still need to re-do a Quaristice playlist. had a good one years ago but i think i've lost it.

haven't played with the SIGN/PLUS stuff yet, still slowly absorbing them as they are...but could see doing that down the road

Link to post
Share on other sites

there is no doubt that each album is thought as a guided dive, especially from overstep onwards, but it is also true that if every time I wanted to listen to freuleaux I had to start from feed1, it would become a climb to Golgotha

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2020 at 1:25 PM, jaderpansen said:

well at least on PLUS (to get somewhat back on topic) my bet's on sean. we know from his jam transmission that ecol and x4 are by him, which are the longest tracks by far, making up roughly 43% of the album alone.

What's the exact source for this? I know he shared a bunch of jam snippets at one point but is it confirmed that the fully released tracks didn't get any additional input from Rob? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, toaoaoad said:

What's the exact source for this? I know he shared a bunch of jam snippets at one point but is it confirmed that the fully released tracks didn't get any additional input from Rob? 

no it's not, i was talking out my ass in a supposedly humorous way. all we semi-know is that he probably started those.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...