IGNORED

Analogical Force UNSEEN SERIES I

omnii

I think AF has released some really incredible stuff to date,  so I almost always buy their stuff.  But I'm not too down on the unknown artist (LOL at "aren't they all unknown") trend.  And totally agree that this one feels lackluster.  This will be one I won't preorder.  Bummer.

1 hour ago, auxien said:

better watch out talking shit, AF are alpha wolves

0005753619_100.png

lol what

this is WATMM lol

not the first and not the last thing to be shitted on in here, it's part of the releasing game

50% will like , 50% will not

AF is a great label with great releases.

Speaking for myself i dont hate this release, like some of it but the ''unknown'' thing is just something i don't get at all.

I think the same for any label.

I don't get it.I mean why? I fail to see the point.

But whatever people do whatever they want.

But you know there is worst things in life than an ''unknown'' artist release you dont like OR a shitty review on an electronic forum, like you know:

a motherfucking global pandemic.

Edited by fxbip
  • Like 2
  • Burger 1

1 hour ago, fxbip said:

lol what

this is WATMM lol

not the first and not the last thing to be shitted on in here, it's part of the releasing game

Speaking for myself i dont hate this release, like some of it but the ''unknown'' thing is just something i don't get at all.

But you know there is worst things in life than an ''unknown'' artist release you dont like OR a shitty review on an electronic forum, like you know:

He's making a joke about the wolf behind the AF logo.

And to clarify, I'm not talking shit about the label or anyone on it. I really like AF a lot. I just think there are too many people that release stuff that emulates someone else rather than having their own sound. Get your own damn sound.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Braintree said:

He's making a joke about the wolf behind the AF logo.

And to clarify, I'm not talking shit about the label or anyone on it. I really like AF a lot. I just think there are too many people that release stuff that emulates someone else rather than having their own sound. Get your own damn sound.

yessir! 

Much more enjoyable and original content (than this copy paste "unreleased oh who could it be oh me oh my?!?!") coming out of our EKTers IMO including yourself of course.

AF has some amazing releases on it though. Just find this trend of Guess Who really really tiring.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

yessir! 

Much more enjoyable and original content coming out of our EKTers IMO including yourself of course.

Now this we can all agree on!!! 

• Like 1

I think originality is ALWAYS a plus and something to strive for, but there is a gradation of originality and nothing is born out of a void.

And i don't personally judge anything by originality alone.

It is one of the many things to look for in music.

Traditional music for example does'nt reinvent the wheel but can be excellent in many ways.

Sometimes some braindance ain't the most original thing ever made, (and the same for ambient, glitch, idm, classical, etc any genre) but it's still really good and as a braindance fan i like to have a bunch to choose from.

Edited by fxbip
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, fxbip said:

I think originality is ALWAYS a plus and something to strive for, but there is a gradation of originality and nothing is born out of a void.

And i don't personally judge anything by originality alone.

It is one of the many things to look for in music.

Traditional music for example does'nt reinvent the wheel but can be excellent in many ways.

Sometimes some braindance ain't the most original thing ever made, (and the same for ambient, glitch, idm, classical, etc any genre) but it's still really good and as a braindance fan i like to have a bunch to choose from.

I don’t disagree at all - there’s a ton of albums that I love (your material included) that aren’t genre defying necessarily. It’s mostly the combination of sounding like a direct copy + this poopy marketing gimmick of omg is this aphex pusher?!?! that some labels and artists are putting out that gets tiring (especially to all of us that have ears). No different for genres like dnb/jungle where artists like kid lib and phineus ii unashamedly put their tunes out and own their thing. Amazing music but if they were to put it out pretending to be 1993 AK1200 etc it would lose a ton of my respect?

Theres nothing wrong imo in presenting your take on times or genres past but damn... own it. Don’t pretend to be someone else! ?

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Theres nothing wrong imo in presenting your take on times or genres past but damn... own it. Don’t pretend to be someone else! ?

Yeah i don't know the ''unknown'' business.

Edited by fxbip

8 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

The trouble with pretending to be someone else is that they've already done "them" and probably far better at it that you. Totally own it, develop your own way forward.

Honestly i dont hear what people are saying is afx-like in these previews..there are some interesting ideas here, track 3 even gets bumpin with those breakz. In all honestly though, it doesnt hit the spot for me like AFs releases usually do. C'est La Vie.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fxbip said:

lol what

this is WATMM lol:flower:

lol

AF are expensive and cringey and there's no label with that high of a ratio of BWE i think anywhere if that tells you anything... they've released some good tunes, yeah, but i'm going to wait til they go under and those artists release the music independently before i purchase.

no shade on anyone who worked with them or are working with them. you do you, make that bread. everything about the label makes me look sideways at them tho, and i trust my gut so... :flower:

• Like 3
  • Burger 1

15 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

Its taken a while to get here; but i'm glad we're here. 

I hear ya brother

24 minutes ago, auxien said:

lol

AF are expensive and cringey and there's no label with that high of a ratio of BWE i think anywhere if that tells you anything... they've released some good tunes, yeah, but i'm going to wait til they go under and those artists release the music independently before i purchase.

no shade on anyone who worked with them or are working with them. you do you, make that bread. everything about the label makes me look sideways at them tho, and i trust my gut so... :flower:

agreed, their aesthetic turns my stomach. I've never liked them.

• Like 3

i wish my releases have so many coments ?

well, good news for music that these guys agree together to release something. I remember not long ago a battle on facebook between them about the "theft" of artists.

battle that otherwise made no sense whatsoever. So I said, good news as long as good music keeps coming out.

i don't understand all the fuss. aphex became his own genre and now there are many trying to play in this genre. honestly i prefer artists trying to sound like AFX, what would you prefer, more Taylor Swift? of course it's not the most creative release right now, but it's not that bad.

where did the information come from that this is a joint release between AF and FE? i don't see that anywhere.

and regarding 'unknown artists', of course this has increased quite a bit lately, but, i really like it! you listen to new stuff much more unbiased. i bet if this release was assigned to someone, some would rate the music differently... besides, some artists unmask themselves, so you know later who the release is from. it's like a game for me, was i right with my guess? so i have fun discovering releases from 'unknown artists'.  it's all about the music, isn't it?

and finally, we really listen to extremely niche music. i see no reason to badmouth each other. ?

• Facepalm 2