IGNORED

Autechre, Luke Vibert remix Humanoid's 'sT8818r'

ignatius

19 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

this track sfucks!

fixt.

Instabought. But. C'mon guys. All fanboyism aside, this is underwhelming. Sounds uninspiring. Compare that one to the Oberman Knocks rmx. Nah. And where is the Ae in this? My eyes hear no Ae in this at all.

This track is clearly:

shosta250.thumb.jpg.07a0049fb77a7874fd4e

Am I right or am I a miserable fuck? ?

Rob or Sean mentioned called some old albums "cheesy" once. So now, what is this please? Ultracheese?

/stoprage, and thanks Paul and Fritz for keeping us busy ? 

Edited by WurstPLUS
  • Facepalm 1
  • Burger 1

22 minutes ago, WurstPLUS said:

fixt.

Instabought. But. C'mon guys. All fanboyism aside, this is underwhelming. Sounds uninspiring. Compare that one to the Oberman Knocks rmx. Nah. And where is the Ae in this? My eyes hear no Ae in this at all.

This track is clearly:

Rob or Sean mentioned called some old albums "cheesy" once. So now, what is this please? Ultracheese?

U remember what they exactly referred to as cheesy?

54 minutes ago, WurstPLUS said:

fixt.

This track is clearly:

lost³.

how on earth is this supposed to be cheesy?? track's an unrelenting badass of the highest order: straight to the balls yet elusively disorienting!

whatever you're sniffing, you should try something else.

imho.

• Like 2

On 10/13/2021 at 8:30 AM, KovalainenFanBoy said:

nice artwork

the bar is low for ae after the Sophie remix disaster, hopefully they meet expectations

AlmsUuh.png

2 hours ago, WurstPLUS said:

This track is clearly:

It mostly stays in the same lane as the original, updating the sound (successfully in my view, tho not a fan of the original) -- a different approach to the Oberman one which was like a new track. 

It's not in Ae style, but it has Ae treatment of all components. It's alright to me, not a hit, not a miss

It's a nice straightforward track, though it's true out of context I wouldn't even have guessed this was AE. Can see myself listening to this more than to anything they've put out since Oversteps. Sophie remix apologists will say this remix would be improved by having the worst hihat patterns you've ever heard but I disagree

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MIXL2 said:

what's up w people going back to acid?

Some trips end, some are forever, some flash back. Acid's never not cool and you can always drop it, whatever you're spinning. It's one of the Infinity Stones of electronic dance music, it's the Tesseract. Like I wrote here -

Although I've been into electronic (dance) music for several decades I'm still repeatedly amazed by the versatility and longevity of the 303 (et al.). The simplicity of it is deceiving, the expressive possibilities an ever-blooming fractal of squelches, squirts, twangs, and squeaks.

• Like 4
  • Big Brain 1

2 hours ago, MIXL2 said:

what's up w people going back to acid? same w the upcoming new µ-Ziq..

edit: not complaining! just interesting

All music is largely in stasis mode last 15-20 years, no new genres, constant re-use of previous stylistic achievements

• Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

3 hours ago, MIXL2 said:

what's up w people going back to acid? same w the upcoming new µ-Ziq..

edit: not complaining! just interesting

Same reason people keep going back to the piano.

Its effective and tickles the brain in a special way. Squelches are a special kind of magic.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Amen Lare said:

All music is largely in stasis mode last 15-20 years, no new genres, constant re-use of previous stylistic achievements

Where do you even go from here ? ai generated music . Not really a advancement im looking forward too.

All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff... -- Frank Zappa

Musicians Generate Every Possible Melody and Make it Public (Medium)

I follow a wide array of different genres and styles, but compared to all music that's available and being produced it's a minuscule slice - there is always new music, styles and modes of expression available to explore. I find this is always true even within the limited spectrum I've chosen to follow. Seeking absolute novelty, something that's never been done before, with no precedent, is a fool's errand - how would you even recognize it if you don't know how it's produced beforehand? How would you know no-one else hasn't encountered it before? How do you know it's unique or not? Why is it important to recognize and be recognized as someone who recognizes it?

Edited by dcom
  • Like 2
  • Big Brain 1

11 hours ago, Amen Lare said:

To put it into perspective: how much progression has there been in the last 3000 years? 15-20 years is the blink of an eye.

I think we're lucky to have experienced a part in music history where technological advances pushed developments in music. We basically went from acoustic to electronic to digital in a single lifetime. Don't think there's more like that in the past 3000 years. And unrealistic to expect that to simply continue, tbh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Brain 3