IGNORED

Autechre Live 2024

Neurodancer

9 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Not quite as close....

i think there's direct flights from PDX to Tokyo Narita. so, only 12 hours (or 1 xanax) or whatever. 😉

they're doing things at the Autechre pace. so, hopefully that means we'll all be able to catch them live again sooner or later. in the meantime hoping we get those soundboards 

• Like 3

Hoping the AE_LIVE 2022 - release + the new recording hardware will lead to quicker soundboard releases. The 2023 sets still have to be released though. Trying not to be too impatient, but really craving to hear the Lyon set again in good quality 🙂

• Like 6

On 5/15/2024 at 5:37 PM, eye said:

The 2023 sets still have to be released though.

I guess 23 - 24 will be released together in a single bath

and if the tour is ongoing in winter 24/25 it will be released even later. 

• Sad 1

Damn, that Brussels set is something else. I tried to stay away from the bootlegs but just couldn't turn off after that intro bit and gave in. The first 25 minutes are straight out of London B, love the scratching and how it's evolved, and then goes on into banger after banger and keeps amping up. Great to hear the vibe at AB too, seems like it was a proper rave.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, d-a-m-o said:

Praying for the soundboard, this is peak AE.

ya, nice one. the extended running time gives room for a direct transition from set c into d.

can't wait for them soundboards, too... agreed, shit's top notch, even for ae standards.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

ya, nice one. the extended running time gives room for a direct transition from set c into d.

can't wait for them soundboards, too... agreed, shit's top notch, even for ae standards.

Yes, the end of the Paris show is the start of the Lyon one, with that huge "synth in a cathedral" part !

• Like 3

These live sets are beyond anything that exists that i know of but i have to be honest… since the 2008 live i progressively enjoy less their live shows’ music and I don’t like that  😞 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Wunderbar said:

Does anyone recognize this from an autechre track? idk if its original or not.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4lFI20MGN8/

His drumming is in 7, which immediately made me think "what ae track is in 7", and the immediate answer to that is 777

Maybe there's a slight resemblance with the "boom boomboom" on the bass drum, but other than that, I'm not sure if that's it.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

On 5/12/2024 at 3:17 AM, Nil said:

Haha ! Poor temp internet connection as I’ve just moved to a new flat so upload has to wait. Also, not my recording. 

Lol @ being concerned about ownership of a bootleg recording 

• Haha 1

I've only listened to 10 minute chunks here and there from the bootlegs but it's incredibly exciting music. I'm hearing grooves like the Untilted/Quaristice era, wild rhythmic energy like Cap.IV, the melodic and textural innovations of their other recent tours. Totally agree an elseq/NTS treatment of this could be incredible. There's got to be a part of them wanting to edit some choice takes down into album form... I mean I'll be thrilled just to get soundboards of the sets but damn, they've got to be tempted to bottle this lightning.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Boxus said:

I've only listened to 10 minute chunks here and there from the bootlegs but it's incredibly exciting music. I'm hearing grooves like the Untilted/Quaristice era, wild rhythmic energy like Cap.IV, the melodic and textural innovations of their other recent tours. Totally agree an elseq/NTS treatment of this could be incredible. There's got to be a part of them wanting to edit some choice takes down into album form... I mean I'll be thrilled just to get soundboards of the sets but damn, they've got to be tempted to bottle this lightning.

yeah, as whole those recent sets almost feel like a best-of, but like, "with a twist". they certainly revisit various strengths n styles that feel nicely familiar and yet it's all coming together very organically, not like obviously eclectic or anything (ae_live fourteen was kinda like that, in terms of very distinct sections). the most recent one even made me think of the sheer muscularity of flex at times, while obviously sounding nothing like it lol. hard to explain rly. ending of b still standing out as instant classic imo, massive feels.

anywhoo, shit's extremely varied and extremely good and i'm absolutely hyped for soundboards.

(shame they left out almanplace tho 😛)

• Like 4

On 5/14/2024 at 9:56 PM, ignatius said:

Portland Oregon. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, it's sure been a minute here hasn't it?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2024 at 11:15 AM, IAUAUA said:

Coming back here at least twice a day to check if Nil's internet connection got stronger.

what if...

Spoiler

the distorted kicks make the Lyons set good, and the clean / soundboard version will suck ballsies

Edited by dr b0rk
  • Like 3