IGNORED

Burial + Kode9 - Phoneglow / Eyes Go Blank

I know right! These tunes are awesome.

Burial with beats?!?!?! Kode9 with breakbeats?!?!?!?! Count me in

I can even excuses the tiktok ass cover

• Like 1

Fucking hell that bit at 8 minutes is loud.

Good stuff, this, but standalone tracks always bug me. It's going on the 'not on Tunes 2011-2019' playlist.

From first listen think this might be my favourite Burial track of recent times.. the Kode 9 one good as well!

Posted (edited)

The Burial track is so smooth which is great because I think Dreamfear and his other recent tracks have been a little choppy. The way the song starts and then changes the beat around the minute mark to make it a bit punchier is incredible. The melody is beatiful, it gave me goosebumps which is something I haven't experienced from music in a while. Love the short section around the 5 minute mark too. This track ALSO has one of the best Burial endings I've ever heard. 

Overall i would say that this is the bestt thing Burial has released in ..... 11 years or something?

Now on to the Kode9 track. I preferred the Kode9 track on the last split single. Imo Infirmary was waaaay better than Unknown Summer imo. but this time Burial wins.

I must say that, although the breaks combined with the Footwork beat are really cool and original, I HATE the vocals. For some reason I can't stand 'em so that kind of diminishes the impact of the otherwise great track. It's nice and moody so it has potential but I just detest the damn screaming modulated vocals man..

Edited by thumbass
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, species8472 said:

woah - is that actually a sick ass burial track? 

Doesn't seem like it.

• Haha 2
  • Farnsworth 1

For some reason the first track immediately reminded my brain of this hilarious monstrosity

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mcbpete said:

For some reason the first track immediately reminded my brain of this hilarious monstrosity

• Thanks 1

Still waiting for the Burial + DJ Smile (#1 rapper in 'Uddersfield) collab to reach tru UK vibes

• Like 1

I'm coming around, after a couple of days of being forced to listen to music I don't like, Phoneglow suddenly seems quite good.

• Like 1