IGNORED

Burial - Untrue

six

Guest Mr Salads
nah, i don't see it like that at all... obviously he realises what him not putting his face out there does - but i think it's just because he literally just doesn't doesn't want to be 'famous' and recognised. and also that it's not really important for the music. it's not like he's making a big deal of it - he explains that he always liked that aspect of whatever jungle records he was talking about.

What, agreeing to an interview isnt making a big deal out of it?

i know some people really love to be out in the spotlight soaking it all up, but i can seriously see where he's coming from. he's got it the right way - all the accolade and exposure without any of the personal hassle... and i seriously think it's good for the music if there's less of a personality/ego behind it.

There is no accolade in dubstep so who cares.

why the fuck do you reply in threads that apparently you could care less about?

fucking antagonists!

talk about what you like not what you hate!

Guest Mr Salads
nah, i don't see it like that at all... obviously he realises what him not putting his face out there does - but i think it's just because he literally just doesn't doesn't want to be 'famous' and recognised. and also that it's not really important for the music. it's not like he's making a big deal of it - he explains that he always liked that aspect of whatever jungle records he was talking about.

What, agreeing to an interview isnt making a big deal out of it?

er no, how is that making a big deal of it? making a big deal of it would be refusing to do interviews or complaining that people like his music stuff like that :laughing:

all he's doing is saying "i'd rather remain anonymous because i don't want to become any sort of 'personality' and it distracts from the music anyway". i don't think an interview makes a big deal of it at all. if anything, it takes some of the 'heat' off cause otherwise he'd be the 'mysterious dubstep messiah who nobody knows and never does interviews .'

If he wants to remain anonymous just dont have an interview. Its not fucking hard. He makes a bigger deal of it by talking than just being quiet.

what annoyed me was how he babbled on about it, like making a fetish out of anonymity, which seems to me just as tedious as someone crassly seeking attention

let's just be thankful he didn't go to the Future Sound of London School of Public Relations. i suspect the "he doesn't do interviews" bit is some journalistic masturbation on the part of the interviewer as well. if he doesn't do interviews, but i'm reading an interview, then wow! this must be one hell of a journalist! i hope he put it on his cv! know what i mean?

This sounds like it's really going to be something special. Only tune I didn't love on first listen is Homeless, the main melody is pretty repetitive and a bit grating to me. Shame because the middle part where the melody cuts out kicks. Other than that, this sounds like a very solid album start to finish.

I have it (from a pretty reliable source) that Burial is not kode9, or anyone else that we've heard of for that matter; he's just burial.

Guest Soothsayer

Not like it matters, but just about all signs point to it being Kode9, and he was just a smart fucker for coming up w/the anonymous concept for Burial.

I mean, let's look at the similarities, shall we...(and, to be clear, this is just me "brainstorming", not claming this as anything more, hehe)

-Kode9 and Burial both are like, 2 of the only dubstep producers who don't make bass a priority in their tracks(maybe Kode9 a bit less, but still, compare his tracks to most other producers, it's lacking in bass)

-Burial is Hyperdub's biggest flagship artist, Hyperdub is Kode9's label

-Kode9 himself seems pretty reserved/reclusive. Just like Burial...

-They both tend to use very similar sounding reverbs in their tracks

-Spaceape

-Kode9 doing the preview mixes for both records(sure, again, I know it's Kode9's label, but still, w/those mixes, it seems to me like Burial could have done that shit just as easy in Traktor or something)

Edited by Soothsayer

Not like it matters, but just about all signs point to it being Kode9, and he was just a smart fucker for coming up w/the anonymous concept for Burial.

I mean, let's look at the similarities, shall we...(and, to be clear, this is just me "brainstorming", not claming this as anything more, hehe)

I really don't think Kode9 and Burial sound all that alike, I haven't seen any good reason to believe that the story we get about Burial is anything but the truth. And I have a source that credits Kode9's mix of "Distant Light" to two people, one of whom is Steve Goodman (Kode 9).