IGNORED

Burial - Untrue

six

in the wire interview he says that he made an fullon aggressive 'darkside' album as a followup but his mum didn't like it so he shelved it. waaaah.

however he said after the talk with his mum he went home and more or less finished archangel in 45 minutes. what a pyrrhic victory lol

i wanna hear the burial 'darkside' album

in the wire interview he says that he made an fullon aggressive 'darkside' album as a followup but his mum didn't like it so he shelved it. waaaah.

however he said after the talk with his mum he went home and more or less finished archangel in 45 minutes. what a pyrrhic victory lol

i wanna hear the burial 'darkside' album

oh my lol ...

i keep hoping that someone will post a link to this interview, is it linkable?

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.thewire.co.uk/articles/347/

unedited transcript of that wire interview

Burial: Yeah. When you think of some of things people go through, everyday troubles, relationship things, other stuff. Everyone knows those sorts of feelings. I wanted to do songs about that low-key stuff. There are a couple of tunes with the vocal to do with angels on it. Sometimes I'd be hearing a song... I was worrying, I'd made all these dark tunes, and I played 'em to my mum, and she didn't like them. I was going to give up, but she was sweet, telling me, "just do a tune, fuck everyone off, don't worry about it." My dog died, and I was totally gutted about that. She was just like, "make a tune, cheer up, stay up late, make a cup of tea". And I rang her mobile twenty minutes later and I'd made that "Archangel" tune, and I was like, "I've made the tune, the tune you told me to make." And I heard this vocal and it doesn't say it but it sounds like 'archangel'. I like pitching down female vocals so they sound male, and pitching up male vocals so they sound like a girl singing. It can sound sexy as fuck...
Edited by kaini

Guest awkward

i just came in to post that link damnit.

i was on the wire site seeing if they had released their picks of 2007 issue yet but i guess they do that in january?

Guest awkward

2 weeks!!!!!!!!!

I want to go back to that hardcore era of darkside someday, which would be rugged, film samples just pitched up and down with strings. It wasn’t just that pure monochrome thing, it was something else, it sounded like tearing through an empty building. But the thing is, I had this bunch of tunes for my 2nd album that were dark tunes, and I just scrapped them. I took ages on them. I was worrying, because after my first album I felt a bit of pressure to follow it up. I worked for hours on these tunes, and I was trying to learn these programmes. These tunes were darker, more technical, all the tunes sounded like some kind of weapon that was being taken apart and put back together again. But then I got sort of sick of them, because I spent so long on them, I was moody about other things. So I wanted to make a glowing record, I wanted to cheer myself up. Instead of doing those dark tunes that took ages and were really detailed, I wanted to make a record fast. Something warm, glowing, junglist and garagey. I was listening to these Guy Called Gerald tunes. I wanted to do vocals but I can’t get a proper singer like him. So I cut up acapellas and made different sentences, even if they didn’t make sense but they summed up what I was feeling. I love those Foul Play and Omni Trio tunes where it was just the girl next door singing, So I got a lot of those quite low-quality vocals and started to pitch them up and down. You can do it really fast. I sort of did the whole album in about two weeks. Most of it in the final week.

lol is this guy like 15 and really really poor?

I had one mate who had a car

Guest awkward

wow more great names remixing thomy. looking forward to hearing the various (i take it that is various productions)

infact we already have that and the surgeon remix, he had them on some website i remember a while ago. another one as well but i forget which.

fourtet...haven't been too keen on his recently outputed remixes.

Guest Soothsayer

I'd say this goes right in line w/his remark in the Wire interview about "ugly voices"...

Burial, you're about an asshair away from self-parody, save your ship and stop listening to your mother!(edit: about music, sorry, I should have clarified that)

edit: Untrue loses more charm for me on each listen :(

Edited by Soothsayer