IGNORED

Burial - Untrue

six

Guest Mr Salads

still havent heard this, my goddamn record store that should have been carrying it from day one is still waiting for a shipment

lol at electronic music dorks desperately trying to classify this album

trip hop wtf???

easily the best album i've heard in 2007 along with rushup edge

Trip hop (also known as the Bristol sound or Bristol acid rap) is a term coined by music journalist Andy Pemberton in the UK magazine Mixmag to describe the hip hop instrumental "In/Flux", a 1993 single by DJ Shadow, and other similar tracks released on the Mo' Wax label and being played in London clubs at the time. "In/Flux", with its mixed up bpms, spoken word samples, strings, melodies, bizarre noises, phat bass, and slow beats and grooves...

It IS trip hop.

lol at electronic music dorks quoting wikipedia in a desperate attempt to classify this album

Guest Enter a new display name

If Burial is Trip Hop music, "So Easy" by Röyksopp is also dubstep. Lots of dub and garage beats. Listen for proof.

lol, do you even know what dubstep is? for starters that tune lacks the (necessary to qualify) signature dubstep syncopation.

10 years ago what burial did on untrue was called trip hop, period. the fact that trip hop died a painful dead, with crappy music all over the place doesn't make burial's style more original, or less good.

R&B vocals over looped beats... what? you never heard blue lines?

if you read really carefully i never wrote "sounds like" or something to that effect. but really i don't care i will still think that this is trip hop. but it's still a really unique sound but I'm sure we can all agree that it's nothing groundbreaking. not that it has to, I'm just saying that some people forgot trip hop ever existed.

Guest marcnplymouth

Burial remix of Bloc Party now up on iTunes.

Better than the album - more form - more space - more development - bit of tune - even that guys singing doesn't ruin it.

Really REALLY trip-hoppy.

6-Underground anyone?

:P

Funny how Flux (the non-Burial track) has auto-tuned vocals. . . . . .

ARGH!

M x

On iTunes the entire untrue album is listed as "Clean Lyrics" meaning it's been edited so it doesn't get the "Explicit Lyrics" tag. I didn't realized there was anything explicit on the album. Little help, anyone?

Guest Enter a new display name
just received the vinyl today ... sounds even better

...with fewer tracks, haha!

Edited by Enter a new display name

Can someone explain why the lyrics for "Etched Headplate" contain "archangel, sent from the heavens up above" and the track "Archangel" has nothing to do with angels at all? Is the track list on the back of the CD just wrong, because the leak was the same way?

well, i already had ghost hardware on vinyl, and so i'm missing like 5 minutes total of ambient-ish tracks, which i have on mp3 ....

Ahh the ambient tracks are some of the best though. Endorphin is so lovely. It does suck they fucked up the vinyl release though. Initial pressings have (additional ;)) surface noise on the right channel and the labels are the wrong way round. And it's out of sequence and some of my favourite tracks are missing. So annoying.

Edited by Solo Strike

Initial pressings have (additional ;)) surface noise on the right channel and the labels are the wrong way round. And it's out of sequence and some of my favourite tracks are missing. So annoying.

bollocks; http://dubstepforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=31755

i now have a dilemma; hold onto a potentially-valuable-in-years-to-come mispress and reorder, or send mine back when it arrives :(

dood, she's such a goofball! like when she begins talking about burial, oh my lol

and yeah, the R channel is fucked on the vinyl; i guess i'll just order another copy, why not; the first press might be worth something in the future

the bloc party remix is just as good as the shit on the album

just listenin to it... word!11

and shutta + exit wounds + whatever else is coming out = :beer:

two tracks in the kode9 mix (sadly not 'gaslight') not on the album out on a 12" "soon"