IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silent Hill

Fatal Frame

Yume Nikki (maybe)

LSD Dream Generator (if you can get ahold of it)

Pathologic

You've probably played Silent Hill already, but if you haven't do so now.

Rayman Origins will be out toomorow and I'm going to buy it :)

I tried the demo version with my brother (both on the same keyboard) and we had a lot of fun ! Can't wait !

Guest cult fiction

Games I am currently playing: Nothing

Games I am currently needing: Good survival horror type things

Help a brother out.

Have you played the Siren remake on PS3? Best horror game of this generation(unless you can't count it because it's a remake, in which case I suppose it's Amnesia).

Also, if you haven't played it, Rule of Rose is a truly amazing game - actually surpassed Silent Hill 2 as my favorite horror game of all time. Kuon is also good.

Help a brother out.

Lone Survivor, which I linked a few posts back, is quite good. Amazing soundtrack and only $10... I haven't been this spooked by a game since the original Silent Hill. Pretty impressive as it's a side scroller.

http://superflatgames.com/wordpress/?tag=lone-survivor

And I'll second Amnesia

Help a brother out.

Have you played the Siren remake on PS3? Best horror game of this generation(unless you can't count it because it's a remake, in which case I suppose it's Amnesia).

Also, if you haven't played it, Rule of Rose is a truly amazing game - actually surpassed Silent Hill 2 as my favorite horror game of all time. Kuon is also good.

Is that Siren: Blood Curse because I was thinking about getting that.

I will definitely check out Rule of Rose thanks.

amnesia

Love it, but already played it. Thanks though!

Silent Hill

Fatal Frame

Yume Nikki (maybe)

LSD Dream Generator (if you can get ahold of it)

Pathologic

You've probably played Silent Hill already, but if you haven't do so now.

Dead good list, not played LSD Dream Generator or Yume Nikki. Sounds good!

Dead space is the only one I know, but you've probably have played them.

Yeah, I didn't feel all that survivally in Dead Space, Isaac was too much of a boss, he could handle that shit easy.

Thanks guys! <3

Guest cult fiction

Yeah - it's great and by the creator of Silent Hill 1.

Getting on it.

Wow, I never knew that - It explains a lot ! The voice acting is bloody appaliing (though better than the PS2 'efforts' of the same franchiese) but it more than makes up for it in atmosphere.

Help a brother out.

Parasite Eve 2. (PS1)

Love that shit.

I started playing L.A. Noire again, I like it a lot now that I've lowered my expectations to a minimum. Decent.

Guest underscore

Anyone else playing Journey? Unbelievable game.

Done with it (had to beat it about 4 times to get all the trophies and decorate my cloak fully (still can't get the white cloak I see some people with). Great experience, but a bit short. I had hoped for a persistent, ongoing, evolving world, not a 20+ minute Journey to God.

I also thought this was a great experience. It is especially fun when you have someone who knows what they're doing, it is crazy how fast you can go when you can keep each other flying. Plus the ones that are really good seem to love showing me where all the trophy shit is (only have one left, finished most in two runs with some really good doods earlier. one guy drew a heart for me in the sand near the end, no homo.)

re the white cloak

white cloak is unlocked after you collected all glowing symbols. you can switch to the white cloak near the chapter select area (it is to the far right.) it is fun to play through with it, it's hax.

Guest Enter a new display name

Help a brother out.

Parasite Eve 2. (PS1)

Love that shit.

Hell yeah! That game was soooo underrated!

Man I played Journey and got my cape ripped in half twice. Afterwards I deleted my save file, I was so frustrated.

Dead good list, not played LSD Dream Generator or Yume Nikki. Sounds good!

Ha, those are probably the least survival horror. Just atmospheric and creepy, not much "survival". Neither of them even have a plot. LSD Dream Emulater is literally just randomly generated dreams, but it's pretty cool.

".flow" (yes, the "." is supposed to be there) is a fan-made game based on Yume Nikki but with a larger horror aspect. Yume Nikki is fucking great, though.

just biked in to say that Extreme G on the n64 was the best futuristic racing game ever. the music was awesome too.

I approve.

Cuz it seems like your cape is the only real progress bar in the game. If you get your cape to max size you get that white robe, correct?

Dark Souls had that curse system that cut your health bar in half every time you got cursed, but you could always get a cure curse item. It doesn't seem like there is anyway to repair half of your cape in Journey unless you play it all the way through again? Do you even get access to the parts you picked up and lost?

Cuz it seems like your cape is the only real progress bar in the game. If you get your cape to max size you get that white robe, correct?

You get the white cape thing if you collect every hidden symbol yeah, but you don't have to collect them all on just the one play through - It shows you which ones you've got so far on the first 'level'

Archived