IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

drunken master, 10/10! waaay better then police story which was a massive dissapointment, the fighting in it is just mind blowing, the timing and choreography that goes into it is just amazing

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Iain C

Maria Full Of Grace 7/10

The Motorcycle Diaries 7/10

Walkabout 10/10

Pi 6/10

Grizzly Man 8/10

Falling Down 6/10

"a boy and his dog", an odd little mid-70s american sci-fi / post-apocalyptic film. really sleazy, in a blaxplotation kinda way, but also pretty clever. sorta reminded me of this equally eccentric czech sci-fi "akumulator 1". 7/10?

Guest Mr Salads

Finally got around to seeing the fountain.

It played well. No disc scratches. Excellent viewing.

Guest analogue wings
Finally got around to seeing the fountain.

It played well. No disc scratches. Excellent viewing.

my copy had a broken subtlety track i think

hm, I liked it. While I agree it's missing something, I liked that the twist was a humane one, rather than your standard "look at how clever we are" plot twist. I'd give it 7/10.

Guest analogue wings
hm, I liked it. While I agree it's missing something, I liked that the twist was a humane one, rather than your standard "look at how clever we are" plot twist. I'd give it 7/10.

i thought the twist was pretty bad because

it's the twist from fight club

and

it's the exact twist they make fun of in adaptation

i thought the twist was pretty bad because

it's the twist from fight club

and

it's the exact twist they make fun of in adaptation

haha , yeah even though i'm not a huge fan of the twin peaks twist of bob possession i think that concept holds more weight for me in terms of believability than the type of twist you describe above. I did enjoy the movie alot until the disappointing ending it just took a lot of wind out of it's sails almost worse than the typical 'it was all a dream' out

"a boy and his dog", an odd little mid-70s american sci-fi / post-apocalyptic film. really sleazy, in a blaxplotation kinda way, but also pretty clever. sorta reminded me of this equally eccentric czech sci-fi "akumulator 1". 7/10?

i've never seen it, isn't Don johnson the main character?

Guest Dr. Bunsen Honeydew
Just saw Body of Lies, one of Ridley Scott's better ones, I thought, if only for what I imagine to be a fairly realistic take on one aspect of modern warfare (the remote coordination between people on different sides of the globe reminded me of what I do daily in my outsourcing job). Thought some of the dialogue was good, but the characterization was fairly one-dimensional. Liked the scene where Russell Crowe acts like the stereotypical "ugly American" in front of the Jordanian dude, that rang true to me. Wish the climax had been more complex and gripping - an ending where DiCaprio's character got murdered due to the machinations of the different sides would have been much more potent, probably - but I loved the way Crowe stuffs sushi in his mouth at the end - perfect.

7/10, better than slumdog millionaire, milk, benjamin button, or any of the other films that I could only get halfway through in the past year.

I liked it as well, didnt know it was a Ridley Scott movie until it was over. Crowe's performance was actually pretty good, I dislike him in general so him playing that douche type role is perfect. And I agree about the main character's story resolution being a let down overall.

i've never seen it, isn't Don johnson the main character?

that's right. apparently, the copyright of the film expired, so it's up for download at archive.org as a 700mb divx:

http://www.archive.org/download/A_Boy_and_...and_His_Dog.avi

Guest analogue wings
I just watched primer - now I need more like this!

then you need Timecrimes

Archived