IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Z_B_Z

also recently saw a doc called 'rest in pieces: a portrait of joe coleman' about the artist joe coleman. im not sure if anyone here is familiar with his work, but even if youre not its a decent doc and worth a watch if youre bored. he strikes me as a very interesting (if somewhat unstable) individual. his paintings are incredibly amazing in their detail. available for download in certain areas of the net. some scenes in case anyone is interested>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbNVaTwPXL4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZyHr9DCHoI

Robin Hood (2010) - **/******

Holy shit, was that just the most boring movie of 2010?

It was like Kingdom of Heaven but worse because I was actually expecting it to be Gladiator 2.

Guest Mirezzi

Robin Hood (2010) - **/******

Holy shit, was that just the most boring movie of 2010?

It was like Kingdom of Heaven but worse because I was actually expecting it to be Gladiator 2.

2 out of 6? lol...wtf kinda rating system is that?

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

yeh what the fuckm I thought it was more of a 1 outta 3 stars film myself

yeh what the fuckm I thought it was more of a 1 outta 3 stars film myself

i haven't seen it but i didn't see sherwood forest in the ad. nor did i see the robin hood hat... i probably won't see it

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I haven't seen it, I was just joking about it being a 1 out of 3 stars film instead of a 2 out of 6

Rambo: first blood, can't believe i waited so long to see it. Had no idea the theme of the first one was going to be about a vietnam vet Vs a bunch of cops. One of the most satisfying revenge movies i've seen in a long time. Some questionable acting but overall i thought it was probably the best Stallone movie besides Copland. 8.5/10

'they drew first blood'

and just to celebrate the awesomeness of this film check out the titular pop song written by jerry goldsmith as the end credits roll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzY17CzM68w&feature=related

Saw Nine (the cg) last night. It was OK, some cool ideas, could have been better. The premise of the film (which you find out at the end) was never really all that explored. The film has some dark moments, but they try to keep it accessible to children, which IMO makes the film feel inconsistent. Still enough good moments to make it worth seeing. Also I just wish these films with lush and edgy visuals would have edgier music to go with them than just copy/pasting out of the standard hollywood phrase book..

Rambo: first blood, can't believe i waited so long to see it. Had no idea the theme of the first one was going to be about a vietnam vet Vs a bunch of cops. One of the most satisfying revenge movies i've seen in a long time. Some questionable acting but overall i thought it was probably the best Stallone movie besides Copland. 8.5/10

'they drew first blood'

and just to celebrate the awesomeness of this film check out the titular pop song written by jerry goldsmith as the end credits roll

One of the best films from my childhood. Good on ya.

nowhere boy: fun flick about john lennon before the beatles A SEVEN

alice in wonderland: better than expected A SIX

'they drew first blood'

One of the best films from my childhood. Good on ya.

are the others worth watching?

it's funny how certain things can resonate with you so strongly while going through an emotional time, this cheesy rambo titular song for instance i have to post the lyrics

It's a long road

When you're on your own

And it hurts when

They tear your dreams apart

And every new town

Just seems to bring you down

Trying to find peace of mind

Can break your heart

It's a real war

Right outside your front door I tell ya

Out where they'll kill ya

You could use a friend

Where the road is

That's the place for me

Where I'm me in my own space

Where I'm free that's the place

I wanna be

'Cause the road is long yeah

Each step is only the beginning

No breaks just heartaches

Oh man is anybody winning

It's a long road

And it's hard as hell

Tell me what do you do

To survive

When they draw first blood

That's just the start of it

Day and night you gotta fight

To keep alive

It's a long road ...

Guest Mirezzi

I'm a bit of a Ridley Scott fanboy, so I'll probably love Robin Hood and hate myself.

Edit: Nevermind, I just noticed that Cate Blanchett is in it and I really really really really really can't fucking stand her.

are the others worth watching?

They're not as good as the first one but definitely worthwile. If you have any love for the 80's.

eurotrip

what the fuck, why did i watch that for?

imdb eurotrip forums are quite entertaining though, with all the "is europe really like that????" threads.

:facepalm:

Archived