IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are really cashing in on that 2012 anxiety with all these alien invasion movies. Or then maybe the powers that be know something we don't and are mentally preparing us for some huge cataclysm coming in 2012, considering all these "documentaries" about the end of the world and how to survive in a post-apocalyptic world. :shuriken:

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

I was kind of like "oh, this seems to be filled with horrible TV actors the unrealistic cop dramas (you know the ones, where for some reason the black guys seem extremely clean and unrealistic)".

all black people are dirty!

is this gonna be better than skyline?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORb3zC8z94w&hd=1

probably not. damnit, when will i get to see a good non clichéd alien invasion movie? has there ever been one? except maybe district 9 and cloverfield.

Monsters is out soon and is supposed to be quite special.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmR-l3y_coo

it is quite possibly one of the most cock tease movies about monsters i've ever seen in my life. not to mention the bad TV show like acting of the 2 main characters. If you enjoy a very slow unfolding traveling story with no pay off and only 1 monster design copy & pasted on a computer 10-15 times, you will enjoy monsters. They know the movie is bad otherwise they wouldn't be charging $12 on demand for it months before it comes out in theatres

Edward James Olmos' part made the film....

but everything else was shit about it imo....

Lazy idea, lazy film making, boring as fuck....

love,

The Overlook

Guest Gbiscuit

Recently I've tended to gauge films based on one simple question, "Do I care if character X dies?" If yes, then it's a decent or above film in my scale, if no, well, you can figure it out.

I watched Four Lions the other day and loved it.

My Mother made me watch Avatar this morning and I thought it was pretty meh. I don't understand the hype at all, it's a CGI version of Pocahontas with a dash of Dances With Wolves. Hell, in nearly identical fashion to Dances With Wolves, Avatar's expository is presented via a diary for around half of the film. I truly didn't care about any one of those characters who died, while, alternatively, I cared about the fake terrorists in Four Lions...

EDIT:

Anyway, I just read up on Exit Through the Gift Shop, and I'm currently downloading it; should provide for some nice viewing fare for this evening.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i watched a documentary on david lynch that might be called...nah i don't remember. its on netflix play instant and is pretty interesting. getting to see his studio. an insite into his creative process. 7/10 ish. made me want to watch inland empire as i haven't seen it since it was in the cinema. i do not remember it being quite so scary. dang. i didnt finish it as its 3 hours long but enjoyed it again so far. love the scene where she goes through the door and sees herself. and the scene where she starts laughing and says "this is like dialogue from our film" then realizes she is filming right now. creepy as fuck. 8/10. the DV quality looked okish in the theatre but on play instant its looks like shit, pixelly and fucked up. i should probably buy the Blueray.

anyone see harry potter midnight show?

Guest Gbiscuit

Exit Through The Gift Shop 9/10

This was the funniest film I've seen all year. Every time I recall

Banksy talking about how he always tried to encourage everyone's latent artistic ability but he doesn't do that so much anymore after meeting crazy Frenchman

, I have a good chuckle

Just watched it myself due to this pair of post. Great film.

It makes me want to cut some stencils of superfluous icons and spray them all over my culture vacuum of a suburban town.

Guest disparaissant

watched four lions finally, bloody loved it. super depressing though, i couldn't help but cry when

waj says "sorry lads, i'm new at this!"

got brazil in HD and event horizon in hd as well.

zf2nx.gif

Archived