IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paris

Pretty good. Some decent performances all around. The history professor guy was especially funny. Some of the editing was kind of jarring and I felt like I understood what the film was trying to do but it didn't quite get there.

6.5/10

Guest Coalbucket PI

i am dissapoint Overlook you put Millers Crossing in your top 10, wtf

Do I really have to defend Miller's Crossing? :braindance:

if i actually said that bit of incoherence, my apologies. what i meant was that if i understand from the snickering dog emoticon you aren't fond of Barton Fink. I think you ought to give it another chance. It's like a sister movie to Millers Crossing. bit of trivia: they wrote barton fink based on their experience trying to write a period piece gangster movie. Even though a studio didn't force the genre on them like in Barton fink, they didn't realize just how hard it would be and stayed up for days at a time not writing a single line of dialogue

Oh, lol. My snickering dog was like incredulous disbelief / bombastic sarcasm. I.e. Barton Fink is fucking sublime.

I'd take this opportunity to point out how much I hate people replying with just an emoticon.

I suppose I have to watch Barton Fink again now. I'm definitely not convinced I'll like it any more.

Network - A bit bombastic in parts but otherwise a disturbing film

I didn't like it. Mostly because my friend sitting next to me was saying, 'Hell yeah. Best script ever. That's some awesome directing. What a shot!' all the fucking time. You know, he had decided on beforehand that he was going to love this movie because it was old and because what's-his-dead-name-who-also-did-The-Conversation wrote and directed it.

Guest futuregirlfriend

On top of last night's awesome movie experience I need something equally awesome for tonight.

Fire away.

Feeling dubious about Hesher but I've added it to my queue - När mörkret faller too.

Criterion just released Cul-de-sac on bluray, well, it's on the internet now anyway.

Night of the Demon. A giant fire demon that looks equal parts shit and awesome as well as containing a line sampled by Kate Bush, this was great. 5/5.

does anybody in here like Workaholics? i found it surprisingly great, it feels like it's riding Always sunny's coattails a little bit but it's far better written i think. Especially now that Mac actually had to gain 50 lbs to 'make the show funnier' instead of write better stories and jokes

I'm watching every episode of Trailer Park Boys chronologically. Living in Atlantic Canada I'm pretty much legally required to.

You can't go wrong with that.

trailer park boys was a big surprise to me, i literally thought it was an american show (my first mistake) about trailer trash southern people or something, like a terribly cheesy satire of trailer people but it's Canadian which eliminates any of the cliches that an american show of a similar nature would have. It's become one of my favorite shows as of late, and i only just watched the first episode last month

workaholics is really funny. I don't think it is really too much like always sunny, which I also really like.

I just watched these films:

-north by northwest

-strangers on a train

-dial M for murder

-The Fly

-The Maltese Falcon

-I started watching dead ringers too but didn't finish it last night as I had already watched the others. Strange movie so far, he just fucked the model up against the bed tied down with rubber tubing and forceps.

I'm starting to run out of hitchcock movies that I am enjoying. north by northwest was good but almost a fun family romp more than something I want to seriously study. Strangers on a train was really weird, kind of cool, but really weird. Dial M for murder was just kind of boring, clever, but too much like a play and not that great, Rope was far better as to that style. Any other Hitchcock to recommend? I've also already seen psycho, vertigo(must watch again soon), rear window and the birds. I have shadow of a doubt and notorious as possible candidates for the next one.

I'm also looking for more cronenberg movies. All I have seen are the fly, videodrome, and scanners. I'm going to watch the Brood and Dead Ringers for sure.

YOu have to watch Frenzy, it reminds me of a Coen brotherfied Hitchcock movie, lots of long drawn out scenes and fun twists, also a fully english cast.

Rebecca and The Wrong Man are also decent

Archived