IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest futuregirlfriend

Scrooged - 4.5/10

A Quiet Life - An ex-Camorra member's past puts his new life in jeopardy. Fairly decent Italian crime flick that poops out a bit in places 7/10

The Thing (2011)

0/5

please expand because i'm interested in seeing this.

Absolutely terrible CGi. Some of the worst I've seen in years, and the monsters people turn into look nothing like in John Carpenter's and this time you actually get to see the alien and it just looks like a big bug. It actually looks like the antlions from Half-Life 2.

50-50-Poster.jpg

holy shit i almost shed a tear almost

Yeah, me too. The scene in the car.... Damn.

life is beautiful ------------------7.38

chungking express ----------- 8.56

män som hatar kvinnor -------6.93

kiss kiss bang bang -----------6.59

Hannah and her sisters ------8.13

127 hours -------------------------6.38

pot luck---------------------------- 0.03

Horrible Bosses 0/10 the screechy guy ruined the film every time he opened his mouth.. actually.. in fact the whole film was shit. Horrible FILM.
My thoughts exactly on this one. Also tonight i watched Salt, meh story wise, some cool fights, all be it alittle stupid in places 5/10
I'm just shocked that movies like Horrible Bosses from the trailer promise to be as dark and twisted as comedies like 'Very Bad things' but then come off as weak sauce pussy watered down versions of that type of comedy. I mean for fucks sake, the premise is they are going to kill eachothers bosses right? and then when literally none of their bosses are murdered by the main characters you kind of wonder why in the hell they bothered making the movie

tbh i didnt actually know anything about the film before i saw it. but your right, it was just a massively pointless movie, maybe the success of the first hangover had something to do with its 3 buddy system comedy.. only in the hangover they have some chemistry. in horrible bosses its just awkward, especially one of the guys racist undertone 'jokes'.. not funny. i have no problems putting this film in at the joint 1st worst film i have ever seen.

Guest disparaissant

wall street: the original one

7/10 i mean it was pretty well made and all but i hated literally everyone, not a sympathetic person in it. martin sheen's CHARACTER is sympathetic, but martin sheen can't play sympathetic to save his life. and the moral message of the film was just... jesus christ, oliver stone, why don't you fucking club me to death here?!?!

id have rated it lower but the music choices were superb. cuts from that eno/bowie record, talking heads, original stuff by stewart copeland. really can't go wrong there.

Guest ansgaria

'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind'

Once again. I never tire. Never. It's so amazing. And the only movie where Jim Carrey has a serious role, where he actually nails it completely.

The thing. It's basically a remake, not an original idea in sight. Really silly creature design, and as mentioned, at times abysmal cgi. I thought it was fairly entertaining though, but as the end credits rolled and the music from the carpenter version started I knew I had been had. 3/10, because I could've been watching the real movie instead.

Tower heist

I thought this was pretty good.

The film had problems finding a tone that worked. It was back and forth between a serious heist film and a madcap comedy. The ending also was very abrupt.

I did think it was somewhat of a return to form for Eddie Murphy and for Matthew Broderick.

Although Murphy was fantastic, it seems like it was difficult for him to stay in character. I thought Gabby Sidibe was kinda bad in it. Casey Affleck was good.

Totally worth seeing in the theatre though.

7/10

Tower heist

I thought this was pretty good.

The film had problems finding a tone that worked. It was back and forth between a serious heist film and a madcap comedy. The ending also was very abrupt.

I did think it was somewhat of a return to form for Eddie Murphy and for Matthew Broderick.

Although Murphy was fantastic, it seems like it was difficult for him to stay in character. I thought Gabby Sidibe was kinda bad in it. Casey Affleck was good.

Totally worth seeing in the theatre though.

7/10

Abit abrput? they went from point A in the elevator to point B with no possible way of doing it and no explaination. That's the only major gripe I had with it. Murphy just reminded me of his trading places character.

the other night I watched

Kung fu panda 2 6/10 not nearly as charming as the first one.

Yogi bear. Shit/10 i know these are both kids films, but I watch old ones from when I were a kid and I'm sure they aren't as dumbed down as they are today

Just saw the new muppets movie.

7.5/10

No real spoilers, but...

The story was extremely formulaic. I thought it was great to relive the muppet experience and all, but the whole movie should have just been about the muppets, not the new gang. That's just my opinion though. I always like Amy Adams and she is fantastic in this one, but her character was majorly underdeveloped for the amount of screen time she had. I could leave Jason Segal out entirely, despite he was the creative force behind the film.

It did get a tear out of me in the rainbow connection number... however, I'll chalk that up to emotional manipulation, not catharsis.

Archived