IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

drive - 6/10 if i'm feeling generous. brilliantly shot and all but couldn't help feeling like i was watching a mate play gta. the opening scenes and driving scenes in general were awesome. gosling's 'character' (or lack of) seemed like a flimsy homage to more convincing strong silent types like dean or newman. i liked the moody elements of the score but not so much the synth-pop or whatever it was... enjoyable overall but predictable and comically cheesy.

trash, next man>

are you saying that my opinion is trash or the film is trash?

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

three musketeers (2011) cgi and shit did my drugged nut in wtf/4 awful

sunshine 2/4 watched it with people who were absolutely bored shitless. it's just science talk for most of it. it ended up just guys watching it and then i fell asleep. just ok.

girl with the dragon tattoo.. 2/4 didn't like it that much. somehow started to feel like i was watching midsomer murders. might give it another go, another time

Young Adult. A lot more dark and disturbingly uncomfortable than it was promoted to be. For that, it made it more interesting to me. I have to admire Charlize Theron for picking a role like this, as she could easily just do romantic comedies or other big budget dramas and cash in for the rest of her career. That said, it was a bit slow in places and could have delved a bit deeper. I liked that there wasn't any real moral to it and she didn't really "learn her lesson" as these tales tend to do. 7/10

ive never been a star trek fan until recently when i considered how much more intellectual their sci-fi premise is than say, star wars. And i don't mean that as a bash, Star Wars will probably forever be the greatest, but the ideas of Star Trek TNG (arguments over foreign organisms right to existence, etc.) For someone that has only seen a handful of episodes but is interested in the premise, is the new movie worth a watch? or should i watch all the classics first?

slumdog millionaire - 5/10

i could write a whole essay about this film but i won't because of my poor english. anyway my impression is really contradictory because on one side i think it's a very well made film, and on the other i think it's damn stupid. in short,

form: 10/10

substance: -8000/10

lol

To Smetty: I love the new film, so I would say watch it or the first Star Trek film, first. They are not connected. Once you watch the first film, The Motion Picture, you will have to watch the second and third films because they are linked and good shit. I say this and I am no trekkie, more of a SW fanboy but these Star Trek films are great sci fi.

the new movie is worth watching but it is 100% completely devoid of any of the 'intellectual' aspect of Trek you are looking for. Only maybe one or two of the star trek films feel genuinely like science fiction story episodes from the show. They are usually considered the worst star trek movies among fans but i like them, Generations and the first film Star Trek the Motion Picture. I love the original series, if you can get past the cheesiness of it watch it! the new Star Trek movie is more like a star wars movie, very roller-coaster ride action/adventure pic.

TOS and ST I-IV, VI and new ST movie are good. The new movie is good as in "fun," but it's no Wrath of Khan. ST V is good for watching Shatner destroy God, and that part where Chekov pervs out @ the muscles, but that's about it.

FUCK TNG

watched the new Star Trek film last night.

Most obscene use of lens flare I have ever seen in my entire fucking life.

JJ Abraham can go chocke on a flare. Have you seen Super 8 , what is this guy thinking?

JJ Abraham can go chocke on a flare. Have you seen Super 8 , what is this guy thinking?

Yeah Super 8 had some lens flare, but no-where near as much as Star Trek.

Yeah Super 8 had some lens flare, but no-where near as much as Star Trek.

Die Hard?

The Last Castle 5.6/10

Robert Redford trying to relive his Brubaker days--sort of. but it fell flat because it was so sappy and every single actor seemed to be acting at gunpoint.

still *just* passable because it's redford..

Guest ex-voto

The Last Castle 5.6/10

Robert Redford trying to relive his Brubaker days--sort of. but it fell flat because it was so sappy and every single actor seemed to be acting at gunpoint.

still *just* passable because it's redford..

trash, next

drive - 6/10 if i'm feeling generous. brilliantly shot and all but couldn't help feeling like i was watching a mate play gta. the opening scenes and driving scenes in general were awesome. gosling's 'character' (or lack of) seemed like a flimsy homage to more convincing strong silent types like dean or newman. i liked the moody elements of the score but not so much the synth-pop or whatever it was... enjoyable overall but predictable and comically cheesy.

trash, next man>

are you saying that my opinion is trash or the film is trash?

ah lad just the latter. no worries.

my post was mostly about maphive.

Archived